CALL FOR CLASSES: Middle Kingdom Heralds' and Scribal Symposium 2010

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12 6:47 AM
      PLEASE FORWARD/DISTRIBUTE WIDELY!!

      CALL FOR CLASSES: MIDDLE KINGDOM HERALDIC AND SCRIBAL SYMPOSIUM 2010
      This year's MKHSS is being held at All Soul's Day, November 6, 2010 at Roselle
      United Methodist Church in Roselle, IL.  This event is hosted by the Canton
      of Vanished Wood in the Barony of Ayreton.  You can access the event homepage
      here: http://www.vanishedwood.org/all-souls.php

      We are seeking class instructors and roundtable discussion facilitators across
      all heraldic and scribal disciplines.  We are also especially interested in any
      class topics that relate to our event theme of New World Meets Old World---i.e.,
      how the discovery of North and South America and Western European colonizing of
      those lands in period affected both the heraldic and scribal arts.  Accordingly,
      with the permission of the Buckler Herald, we are also accepting classes on these
      themes that are indirectly related to heraldic and scribal arts, such as
      diplomacy and communication in the Middle Ages and the colonial period, the
      development of early printed communication and publishing, heraldry/scribal arts
      among New World cultures, etc.

      Class instructors, please send class details, any facility needs, preferred
      timeslot, and your contact information to the Vanished Wood Pursuiviant, Lady
      Marissa de Courette (Jill Hughes) at jillhughes2@....  Phone: 847-577-1148
      (email is preferred; please no calls after 9 pm Central time).  You will be
      contacted later by the event stewards and/or Lady Marissa to confirm scheduling, etc.  Volunteers are also needed to staff  the Heralds' Consulting/Roundtable and the Scribes' Roundtable at one- or
      two-hour intervals.  Contact Lady Marissa as above if interested.

      YIS,
      Marissa de Courette

      Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughes.com

      www.jamaicalayne.com