Re: [Ayreton] Re: Event plans for the weather?

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
      No, the barn will be used for A&S displays and A&S classes during the day. There isn't room for indoor day camps. If you want to set up a day camp, my suggestion is to do it beside the list with a shade. Period/canvas shades are welcome surrounding the lists, but modern shades will be asked to be one row back.

      The barn has a paver block floor.

      On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM, young <philipwhite@...> wrote:
      That sounds good. Thank you.

      Will we be able to set up day camps in the barn? And, is it a cement floor?

      ~philip

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Bernal Schooley <bschooley@...> wrote:

      > Parking shouldn't be too much of an issue.
      >
      > There's limited shelter. We don't have anything list side other than what
      > people bring. So we'll probably need to cozy up under friendly shade fly's.
      > We won't do fighting in the barn, so it will be the best place for people to
      > hang out if the rain is heavy at points.
      >
      > If it's raining too much in the morning for the novice tourney, then we'll
      > have to cancel that.
      >
      > Given the forecast, we'll probably try to hold the morning court in the barn
      > and whether permitting, have the processional lead from their to the field.
      >
      > Overall, we'll do the best we can and adjust as needed. As long as
      > everyone's willing to just settle back and roll with it, I'm sure we'll have
      > a good time.
      >
      > --Richard
      >
      > Mud is a possibility on the gravel roads, but if you take time to avoid it
      > and stay on the grass you should be okay.
      >
      > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM, young <philipwhite@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Howdy All!
      > >
      > > Checking the forecast tomorrow, it looks like we have a good chance of some
      > > ugly storms in the morning.
      > >
      > > What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for
      > > tomorrow?
      > >
      > > I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!
      > >
      > > Like ...
      > >
      > > Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get
      > > out?
      > >
      > > Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun
      > > shades to set up?
      > >
      > > If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room
      > > to have people in there too?
      > >
      > > Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned
      > > about mud?
      > >
      > > Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
      > > ~philip

      > > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
      > > Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>.
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
         Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jill Elaine Hughes
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
        For those of us who are teaching A&S classes, are tables provided or do we need to bring our own?

        Marissa

        Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

        Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

        www.jillelainehughes.com

        www.jamaicalayne.com

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
          Tables are provided.

          From: Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...>
          Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:40:43 -0700 (PDT)
          To: <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

> [...]

          > > ugly storms in the morning.
          > >
          > > What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for
          > > tomorrow?
          > >
          > > I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!
          > >
          > > Like ...
          > >
          > > Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get
          > > out?
          > >
          > > Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun
          > > shades to set up?
          > >
          > > If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room
          > > to have people in there too?
          > >
          > > Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned
          > > about mud?
          > >
          > > Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
          > > ~philip

          > > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
            My rain preparations will include back-up shoes, a large golf umbrella, heavy cloaks, and a determination to have a good time, despite the weather

            (Maybe a spare change of clothes in the car.)

            Fern