Event plans for the weather?

  • young
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
      Howdy All!

      Checking the forecast tomorrow, it looks like we have a good chance of some ugly storms in the morning.

      What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for tomorrow?

      I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!

      Like ...

      Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get out?

      Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun shades to set up?

      If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room to have people in there too?

      Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned about mud?

      Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
      ~philip
    • Bernal Schooley
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
        Parking shouldn't be too much of an issue.

        There's limited shelter. We don't have anything list side other than what people bring. So we'll probably need to cozy up under friendly shade fly's. We won't do fighting in the barn, so it will be the best place for people to hang out if the rain is heavy at points.

        If it's raining too much in the morning for the novice tourney, then we'll have to cancel that.

        Given the forecast, we'll probably try to hold the morning court in the barn and whether permitting, have the processional lead from their to the field.

        Overall, we'll do the best we can and adjust as needed. As long as everyone's willing to just settle back and roll with it, I'm sure we'll have a good time.

        --Richard

        Mud is a possibility on the gravel roads, but if you take time to avoid it and stay on the grass you should be okay.

        On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM, young <philipwhite@...> wrote:
        Howdy All!

        Checking the forecast tomorrow, it looks like we have a good chance of some ugly storms in the morning.

        What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for tomorrow?

        I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!

        Like ...

        Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get out?

        Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun shades to set up?

        If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room to have people in there too?

        Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned about mud?

        Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
        ~philip

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
           Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • young
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
          That sounds good. Thank you.

          Will we be able to set up day camps in the barn? And, is it a cement floor?

          ~philip

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Bernal Schooley <bschooley@...> wrote:

          > Parking shouldn't be too much of an issue.
          >
          > There's limited shelter. We don't have anything list side other than what
          > people bring. So we'll probably need to cozy up under friendly shade fly's.
          > We won't do fighting in the barn, so it will be the best place for people to
          > hang out if the rain is heavy at points.
          >
          > If it's raining too much in the morning for the novice tourney, then we'll
          > have to cancel that.
          >
          > Given the forecast, we'll probably try to hold the morning court in the barn
          > and whether permitting, have the processional lead from their to the field.
          >
          > Overall, we'll do the best we can and adjust as needed. As long as
          > everyone's willing to just settle back and roll with it, I'm sure we'll have
          > a good time.
          >
          > --Richard
          >
          > Mud is a possibility on the gravel roads, but if you take time to avoid it
          > and stay on the grass you should be okay.
          >
          > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM, young <philipwhite@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Howdy All!
          > >
          > > Checking the forecast tomorrow, it looks like we have a good chance of some
          > > ugly storms in the morning.
          > >
          > > What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for
          > > tomorrow?
          > >
          > > I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!
          > >
          > > Like ...
          > >
          > > Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get
          > > out?
          > >
          > > Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun
          > > shades to set up?
          > >
          > > If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room
          > > to have people in there too?
          > >
          > > Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned
          > > about mud?
          > >
          > > Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
          > > ~philip

          > > "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
          > > Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>.
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bernal Schooley
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
            No, the barn will be used for A&S displays and A&S classes during the day. There isn't room for indoor day camps. If you want to set up a day camp, my suggestion is to do it beside the list with a shade. Period/canvas shades are welcome surrounding the lists, but modern shades will be asked to be one row back.

            The barn has a paver block floor.

          • Jill Elaine Hughes
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
              For those of us who are teaching A&S classes, are tables provided or do we need to bring our own?

              Marissa

              Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

              Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

              www.jillelainehughes.com

              www.jamaicalayne.com

            • jeffnaggie@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
                Tables are provided.

                From: Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...>
                Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:40:43 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

> [...]

                > > ugly storms in the morning.
                > >
                > > What kind of back up plans should local people know about to be ready for
                > > tomorrow?
                > >
                > > I've not been to the site so some words of wisdom would be very helpful!
                > >
                > > Like ...
                > >
                > > Should we be worried about parking our cars and then not being able to get
                > > out?
                > >
                > > Will we have shelter avalible for people who don't have pavillions or sun
                > > shades to set up?
                > >
                > > If we are using the barn for activities (like fighting) will there be room
                > > to have people in there too?
                > >
                > > Is the ground going to handle the water well? Or, should we be concerned
                > > about mud?
                > >
                > > Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!
                > > ~philip

                > > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special

              • Fern
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
                  My rain preparations will include back-up shoes, a large golf umbrella, heavy cloaks, and a determination to have a good time, despite the weather

                  (Maybe a spare change of clothes in the car.)

                  Fern