Ayreton Song lyrics

  • Veronica Berglind
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2010
      Per the request of Sir Fern:

      Ayreton

      Lyrics by Isabel Ximena Galiano de Valera

      Blow winds, and winds blow

      All for the might of Ayreton

      Fire, flood, wind or snow

      cannot hinder Ayreton

      (chorus:)

      Home to Midrealm’s ancient power

      Home to Chivalry’s fairest flower

      Staunch defense in darkest hour

      Oh, for the might of Ayreton

      Bards sing and scribes pen

      Songs of the glory of Ayreton

      Raise her banners high again

      The noble banners of Ayreton

      (chorus)

      But when the foe takes to the field

      Ayreton shall raise her shield

      And Midrealm’s enemies must yield

      to the sword of mighty Ayreton

      (chorus)

    • Marie Schorn
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2010
        Lovely!  I look forward to hearing it.

        Arrienne

      • Fern
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2010
          Thank you very much, Isabel.

          Those words look better every time I see them. I think you have really caught the spirit of Ayreton!

          gratefully,

          Fern

          Lyrics by Isabel Ximena Galiano de Valera

          Blow winds, and winds blow

          All for the might of Ayreton

          Fire, flood, wind or snow

          cannot hinder Ayreton

          (chorus:)

          Home to Midrealm’s ancient power

          Home to Chivalry’s fairest flower

          Staunch defense in darkest hour

          Oh, for the might of Ayreton

          Bards sing and scribes pen

          Songs of the glory of Ayreton

          Raise her banners high again

          The noble banners of Ayreton

          (chorus)

          But when the foe takes to the field

          Ayreton shall raise her shield

          And Midrealm’s enemies must yield

          to the sword of mighty Ayreton

          (chorus)

        • D'vorah bint al-Attar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
            The posted lyrics are very stirring. I hope to get to hear them sung soon, and am certain that the song Master Robyyan has chosen for them will be just perfect for the lyrics.
            D'vorah bint al-Attar
            Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
            dvorah@...
            Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar