Passing of a Horde Brother

  • tomscrip
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2010
      Svea Wartooth, a brother .. and one of the oldest rapier promoters alongside Thorbjorn the Graysides, passed in his sleep this day.

      Aethelwulf of Dover
    • jeffnaggie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2010
        Our prayers are with his family, friends and brothers.

        From: "tomscrip" <tomscrip@...>
        Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:07:20
        To: <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [Ayreton] Passing of a Horde Brother

        Svea Wartooth, a brother .. and one of the oldest rapier promoters alongside Thorbjorn the Graysides, passed in his sleep this day.

        Aethelwulf of Dover

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • kevin purtrell
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2010
          Svea always had the best stories. He was great to listen to.
          Yes he promoted Rapier in the SCA. He was afterall a Fencing Coach at one time. I *think* for the Olympics. He was always willing to train people.
          In his later years his hands would shake, but put a sword in his hand and they were rock steady.

          Kevin Ambrozijwski

          Svea Wartooth, a brother .. and one of the oldest rapier promoters alongside Thorbjorn the Graysides, passed in his sleep this day.

          Aethelwulf of Dover

        • D'vorah bint al-Attar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
            On 8 Sep 2010, at 6:07 PM, tomscrip wrote:

            > Svea Wartooth, a brother .. and one of the oldest rapier promoters alongside Thorbjorn the Graysides, passed in his sleep this day.
            >
            > Aethelwulf of Dover

            I am so sorry to hear of this news. May he rest in peace, and ride in a place of honor with the Great Horde in the sky.
            D'vorah bint al-Attar
            Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
            dvorah@...
            Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar