[Ayreton] Marshals needed for Fox Hunt/Ayreton Investiture/Rose Tourney/...

  • Thomas Hughes
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010

      Unto all the heavy and rapier marshals in Ayreton, does Sean o’Shaughnessy send greetings.

      I have been asked to by marshal in charge for the Rose Tourney.  Hillary is handling the Novice tourney and Thomas Penyngton is handling Sunday’s fighting.  I would appreciate all the help I can get on the list fields for the Rose Tourney.  If you are in the tourney, and not fighting, please make your self available to help out for a few minutes.  Thank you in advance.

      Sean

    • Amy Gibbons
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
        I willl be there  on Friday about 5 and I have already volunteered for troll where ever you need me.  Lord Aaron has volunteered for herald where ever needed.  We will do feast.  We are from Ravenslake.  Can't get there any earlier because of Lord Aaron work commitments.  Signing up today for camping.  So three is out of the questions.  We have a history of keeping our commitments.  We are bringing a newbie.  Possibly bringing a newbie.  So put us down for feast.  Ravenslake is also tending consort table.  815-675-5314 after 3:30    Lady Brigitte/Amy   Lord Aaron/Wayne  p.s.  We both have drivers' licenses.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
          Greetings once again.

          A big thank you to everyone who has responded to this call for volunteers! At this time we have now filled all positions for serving feast, water bearing and Master of the Revels ( we even have alternates)! Details will soon follow to those on that staff, as soon as I get confirmation of some questions from the Autocrat.

          Well done Ayerton!

          YIS,
          Gwen

          On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Cynthia McCowin <c.wong.mccowin@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
            Dear Ayreton,

            There are many good projects in prepartion for the Investiture this weekend. I happen to know about some of the music projects.

            Do you remember the baronial "Wish List" from the Zephyr this summer?   One of the wishes was for an Ayreton Song, and this wish was fulfilled at Pennsic! Lady Isabel Ximena Galiano de Valera of Rokkehealden wrote a wonderful poem at Pennsic. Master Robyyan has set the words to a 13th century tune and it will be performed by the Baron's Noyse, the Pippens, and Court & Country this weekend.

            Isabel, would you be so kind as to post your original poem? I think that lots of people would like to read it ahead of time!

            Thank you very much,

            Fern

          • Jeffnaggie
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
              Whooo  hooooo!!!!  WE HAVE A SONG!!!  Thanks to all involved, one of my greatest memories of my very early days in the SCA was learning the words to "The Kings of the Midrealm" and singing it with the populace when Their Majesties progressed into court.

              Hobah and vivat!