Re: [Ayreton] Re: Possible crash space for Ladies of the Rose?

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
      On 8/23/2010 2:42 PM, B.Keiley Dutchem wrote:
      > My Dutchess Brigh is also interested in hoteling it. If you could include her as well. Are their any airports that would be close to site as well. If not I have to pick up my dutchee from Ohair.

      The nearer airports would be Rockford or Central Illinois
      (Bloomington/Normal) - given the difference in traffic, they may not be
      any more convenient. Distance-wise they're comparable to O'Hare, but
      with less road traffic once you're on the ground. I don't think the
      smaller airports have commercial service.

      Xavier
    • Fern
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 24, 2010
        Dear Ayreton,

        We are very popular! So far, 17 Ladies of the Rose have said they are planning to attend our Investiture/ Rose Tourney! This may be a record number of teams and I believe that it is a strong show of support for our new Barony.

        However, more Ladies of the Rose means that the idea of thank-you gift bags may need to be expanded. It might even be smart for us to plan for 20. Wow, that would be amazing!

        Many nice people have given me suggestions and offers of things for the gift bags. At this time, it would be a good idea to get a count of how many things are being made or collected, and when they will be ready. Trying to put together 17 gift bags on the day of the event would be a difficult job!

        Please email to me, or to the list if you prefer, some information on how many items you can provide. Even if they are not ready yet, please tell me how many you think will be ready. It's OK if we don't have 17 exact duplicates--mixing and matching will just make it more interesting! As you might guess, there is still room for more contributions!

        As part of my contribution, I have finished an embroidered rose and will make it a pincushion. This is the rose from the pattern of http://www.dragonbear.com/cenrose.html.
        I will also make one, or more sachets, decorated with lace and ribbons. I expect to bring these finished items to the Baronial meeting on Sunday for Show and Tell.

        Thank you in advance for your artful and craftful assistance!

        yours,

        Fern
      • Rob Hicks
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 25, 2010
          My apologies for the late response. I have 2 comfy couches as well as 2 full recliners a so-so comfy couch & 2 cots. That and floor space.

          From: B.Keiley Dutchem <lttlems1@...>
          Subject: [Ayreton] Re: Possible crash space for Ladies of the Rose?
          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 2:42 PM

          My Dutchess Brigh is also interested in hoteling it. If you could include her as well. Are their any airports that would be close to site as well. If not I have to pick up my dutchee from Ohair.

          Kisses
          Keiley

          --- In

        • Mary Buchanan
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 26, 2010
            Hi Gareth,

            I am able to commit for a couple of hours to help at the event.  I can do either children's activities or list tables.  My sister Ellen of the Scholars is merchanting scribal wares again, so I may need to help her out a little bit too.
            Mary Buchanan

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2010
              Mary,

              Thanks for Helping.  Can you pick a time that you will be able to help in the childrens area?

              9am 11am 1pm 2pm 3pm  are the open times now.