Fox Hunt, Rose Turney, Ayreton Investiture

  • ostwestly@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010

      Greetings,

      We are in need of some help for the event.

      Anyone who is willing to help is welcome.

      We need:

      2 or more people to help in the Children's area.  As usual, Lady Kathy has fantastic activities planned for children's activities but per Kingdom Law we need 2 other unrelated adults to help her with them.

      People to help running list tables.  There will be 4 lists running, so we need volunteers to assist as list managers:  keeping track of winning teams, on the job training will be provided.

      Runners and others to assist at gate, please contact Lady Berngard (called Moose at danceswithwords@....

      We will always take volunteers to help with clean up - set up - we can find countless ways to make use of individual time and talents.

      Please contact Lord Gareth at ostwestly@....

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2010
        Dear Ayreton,

        I've been keeping track of the email list of the Ladies of the Rose and giving them some local information about the Rose Tourney, especially about the site.

        Because of their travel plans (and their well-packed vehicles, I assume), several of the Roses are looking for alternatives to camping. Richard and Gareth have updated the website with hotel information near the site, and hotels are certainly one acceptable choice..

        But I wonder if anyone in Ayreton wants to take this opportunity to meet new people and to make friends with some of our visitors? So far, Countess Tess of Wight, Countess Guenievre du Dragon Vert (Green Jenny) and Duchess Caitlin Stuart are asking about hotels.

         I have not discussed crash space directly with them, but I would be happy to put them in contact with someone from Ayreton who could help them. Tessa's party is from Kentucky, Green Jenny is from Milwaukee, and Catlin will fly in from Toronto on Friday night, leaving Sunday noon.

        If you want any further information, please contact me off-line.

        Thanks for your attention!

        Fern
      • B.Keiley Dutchem
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
          My Dutchess Brigh is also interested in hoteling it. If you could include her as well. Are their any airports that would be close to site as well. If not I have to pick up my dutchee from Ohair.

          Kisses
          Keiley

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

          > Dear Ayreton,
          >
          > I've been keeping track of the email list of the Ladies of the Rose and giving them some local information about the Rose Tourney, especially about the site.
          >
          > Because of their travel plans (and their well-packed vehicles, I assume), several of the Roses are looking for alternatives to camping. Richard and Gareth have updated the website with hotel information near the site, and hotels are certainly one acceptable choice..
          >
          > But I wonder if anyone in Ayreton wants to take this opportunity to meet new people and to make friends with some of our visitors? So far, Countess Tess of Wight, Countess Guenievre du Dragon Vert (Green Jenny) and Duchess Caitlin Stuart are asking about hotels.
          >
          >  I have not discussed crash space directly with them, but I would be happy to put them in contact with someone from Ayreton who could help them. Tessa's party is from Kentucky, Green Jenny is from Milwaukee, and Catlin will fly in from Toronto on Friday night, leaving Sunday noon.
          >
          > If you want any further information, please contact me off-line.
          >
          > Thanks for your attention!
          >
          > Fern

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
            Dear Ayreton,

            Thank you for the helpful responses! I now have definite offers for Countess Tessa and for Duchess Caitlin. I also have potential offers for Countess Guenievre, pending further discussion. I don't know if there will be other requests, but I would be happy to have additional offers of crash space, just in case!

            Lady Keiley, I'm not sure I understand your situation. Where are you located?  Are you arriving from out of town, picking up Brigh at the the airport, and then needing a hotel for the entire party? O'Hare is the closest airport to the site, but it's not all that close, either. Do you prefer a hotel or is crash space an acceptable alternative?

            Thank you in advance for the help!

            yours,

            Fern

            My Dutchess Brigh is also interested in hoteling it. If you could include her as well. Are their any airports that would be close to site as well. If not I have to pick up my dutchee from Ohair.

            Kisses
            Keiley

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

            > Dear Ayreton,
            >
            > I've been keeping track of the email list of the Ladies of the Rose and giving them some local information about the Rose Tourney, especially about the site.
            >
            > Because of their travel plans (and their well-packed vehicles, I assume), several of the Roses are looking for alternatives to camping. Richard and Gareth have updated the website with hotel information near the site, and hotels are certainly one acceptable choice..
            >
            > But I wonder if anyone in Ayreton wants to take this opportunity to meet new people and to make friends with some of our visitors? So far, Countess Tess of Wight, Countess Guenievre du Dragon Vert (Green Jenny) and Duchess Caitlin Stuart are asking about hotels.
            >
            >  I have not discussed crash space directly with them, but I would be happy to put them in contact with someone from Ayreton who could help them. Tessa's party is from Kentucky, Green Jenny is from Milwaukee, and Catlin will fly in from Toronto on Friday night, leaving Sunday noon.
            >
            > If you want any further information, please contact me off-line.
            >
            > Thanks for your attention!
            >
            > Fern

          • James McAdams
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
              On 8/23/2010 2:42 PM, B.Keiley Dutchem wrote:
              > My Dutchess Brigh is also interested in hoteling it. If you could include her as well. Are their any airports that would be close to site as well. If not I have to pick up my dutchee from Ohair.

              The nearer airports would be Rockford or Central Illinois
              (Bloomington/Normal) - given the difference in traffic, they may not be
              any more convenient. Distance-wise they're comparable to O'Hare, but
              with less road traffic once you're on the ground. I don't think the
              smaller airports have commercial service.

              Xavier
            • Fern
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 24, 2010
                Dear Ayreton,

                We are very popular! So far, 17 Ladies of the Rose have said they are planning to attend our Investiture/ Rose Tourney! This may be a record number of teams and I believe that it is a strong show of support for our new Barony.

                However, more Ladies of the Rose means that the idea of thank-you gift bags may need to be expanded. It might even be smart for us to plan for 20. Wow, that would be amazing!

                Many nice people have given me suggestions and offers of things for the gift bags. At this time, it would be a good idea to get a count of how many things are being made or collected, and when they will be ready. Trying to put together 17 gift bags on the day of the event would be a difficult job!

                Please email to me, or to the list if you prefer, some information on how many items you can provide. Even if they are not ready yet, please tell me how many you think will be ready. It's OK if we don't have 17 exact duplicates--mixing and matching will just make it more interesting! As you might guess, there is still room for more contributions!

                As part of my contribution, I have finished an embroidered rose and will make it a pincushion. This is the rose from the pattern of http://www.dragonbear.com/cenrose.html.
                I will also make one, or more sachets, decorated with lace and ribbons. I expect to bring these finished items to the Baronial meeting on Sunday for Show and Tell.

                Thank you in advance for your artful and craftful assistance!

                yours,

                Fern
              • Rob Hicks
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 25, 2010
                  My apologies for the late response. I have 2 comfy couches as well as 2 full recliners a so-so comfy couch & 2 cots. That and floor space.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 26, 2010
                    Hi Gareth,

                    I am able to commit for a couple of hours to help at the event.  I can do either children's activities or list tables.  My sister Ellen of the Scholars is merchanting scribal wares again, so I may need to help her out a little bit too.
                    Mary Buchanan

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2010
                      Mary,

                      Thanks for Helping.  Can you pick a time that you will be able to help in the childrens area?

                      9am 11am 1pm 2pm 3pm  are the open times now.