Re: [Ayreton] August Moot

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
      The street address is 2506 W. Morse Ave, Chicago, IL 60645

      That's in Rogers Park, south of Touhy, north of Peterson, and west of Western.

      If you need more specific directions, ask me off list.

      It would be good to bring folding chairs.

      D'vorah, I think you're close enough this is conceivably walking distance, if the issue is only riding in a car, and not another commitment at this time.

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com

      From: Bernal Schooley <bschooley@...>
      Subject: [Ayreton] August Moot

      To: "Ayreton" <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 4:35 PM

      Greetings Ayreton,

      I'm still trying to catch up after Pennsic and one outstanding issue that didn't get resolved before Pennsic was the site for the moot on the 29th. We had hoped  to coordinate the meeting with Vanished Wood, but they couldn't get the church for that night and are going ahead with their own meeting at 6:30 at a members home. So that leaves us looking for another date as well as location. My only idea is to try and move it to Saturday the 28th and find a site or just cancel the meeting. I'd like to hear opinions and suggestions if you have them.

      --Richard

    • spdesroches@att.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
        Greetings

        Just a word that the Grey Gargoyles have scheduled our bizmeet on Sunday the 29th at 1:00 PM, Ida Noyes Hall.

        Etienne
        Seneschal, grey Gargoyles

        I'm still trying to catch up after Pennsic and one outstanding issue that didn't get resolved before Pennsic was the site for the moot on the 29th. We had hoped  to coordinate the meeting with Vanished Wood, but they couldn't get the church for that night and are going ahead with their own meeting at 6:30 at a members home. So that leaves us looking for another date as well as location. My only idea is to try and move it to Saturday the 28th and find a site or just cancel the meeting. I'd like to hear opinions and suggestions if you have them.

        --Richard
      • D'vorah bint al-Attar
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 19, 2010
          On 18 Aug 2010, at 8:53 PM, Bernal Schooley wrote:

          > So, given that, the moot will need to be next Saturday, August 28th at 6:30 pm. (Sorry D'vorah)
          >
          > --Richard

          It's cool. Folks that really do need to be there should take precedence over those that just kinda wanna. ;) Besides, if it is held at the home of the excellent Fern and Robyyan, I could walk there, so I might actually get to go after all.
          D'vorah bint al-Attar
          Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
          dvorah@...
          Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
        • Wendy Pastrick
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 19, 2010
            This is what I get for being out of the loop.
            We have a decent sized yard, deck and family room in my home - if the Vanished Wood group still wants to host the Ayreton meeting at our home on the originally proposed date (8/29) I'm sure we can accomodate about 30 people or so (if it ends up indoors).

            If the PowersThatBe want to make that call, the offer is open.

            Jale