Re: [Ayreton] August Moot

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
      On 18 Aug 2010, at 4:35 PM, Bernal Schooley wrote:

      > . My only idea is to try and move it to Saturday the 28th and find a site or just cancel the meeting. I'd like to hear opinions and suggestions if you have them.
      >
      > --Richard

      In the theory that "one person = one vote," my vote's for Sunday, 'cause I can't come to Saturday meetings. I'm only one person, though, and there are people who have higher responsibility levels than mine and who NEED to be there. If most of those good folks request Saturday, then of course that's when it should be.
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • Fern
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
        Dear Ayreton,

        Robyyan and I would be happy to offer our house for the Baronial moot. We can be flexible on the dates, too, since we're not going anywhere for the rest of the month!

        Either Sunday, Aug 29, or Sunday, Aug 22 are good dates for us. The reason I'm mentioning the 22nd is to avoid conflict with the Vanished Wood meeting. Saturday Aug 28 is also OK with us.

        We are talking about an evening meeting, right? around 6 or 7 pm?

        We have a large living room, and good street parking. This is a no-smoking house, and we have a large friendly dog named Tiny. Anyone who comes early will be encouraged to play with Tiny!

        yours,

        Fern

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
          Thanks Robyyan and Fern for your offer to host the moot!

          I think this Sunday is too soon to give proper notice and I won't schedule it on the same day as the Vanished Wood moot. (See I can learn.)

          So, given that, the moot will need to be next Saturday, August 28th at 6:30 pm. (Sorry D'vorah)

          --Richard

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
            The street address is 2506 W. Morse Ave, Chicago, IL 60645

            That's in Rogers Park, south of Touhy, north of Peterson, and west of Western.

            If you need more specific directions, ask me off list.

            It would be good to bring folding chairs.

            D'vorah, I think you're close enough this is conceivably walking distance, if the issue is only riding in a car, and not another commitment at this time.

            http://robyyan.googlepages.com

          • spdesroches@att.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2010
              Greetings

              Just a word that the Grey Gargoyles have scheduled our bizmeet on Sunday the 29th at 1:00 PM, Ida Noyes Hall.

              Etienne
              Seneschal, grey Gargoyles

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 19, 2010
                On 18 Aug 2010, at 8:53 PM, Bernal Schooley wrote:

                > So, given that, the moot will need to be next Saturday, August 28th at 6:30 pm. (Sorry D'vorah)
                >
                > --Richard

                It's cool. Folks that really do need to be there should take precedence over those that just kinda wanna. ;) Besides, if it is held at the home of the excellent Fern and Robyyan, I could walk there, so I might actually get to go after all.
                D'vorah bint al-Attar
                Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
                dvorah@...
                Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
              • Wendy Pastrick
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 19, 2010
                  This is what I get for being out of the loop.
                  We have a decent sized yard, deck and family room in my home - if the Vanished Wood group still wants to host the Ayreton meeting at our home on the originally proposed date (8/29) I'm sure we can accomodate about 30 people or so (if it ends up indoors).

                  If the PowersThatBe want to make that call, the offer is open.

                  Jale