Re: [Ayreton] Thank you to Ayreton Siege Crew!

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
      As someone that was fighting with the pincushion known as Northshield for the bridge battles - THANK YOU very much for putting some heat back on the 5 different ballistas that were aimed at us.

      --
      Seamus

      On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:29 AM, nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:

      I wanted to thank our Ayreton Siege crew of engineers, who manned the Horde Siege engines this year at Pennsic. They are:

      Lord Dycon Gestour
      Lord Eoghan O'Siodhochain
      Lord Gearalt o'Tuathail
      Serjeant Henry of Exeter
      THL Hillary of Langforde
      Lord Kai Tseng
      Lord Richard de Scolay
      Lady Susanna the Short
      Lord Bob*

      There were many "Thank You's" from Midrealm alliance fighters as they left the field, noting that we provided them with much needed relief. The Midrealm commanders also expressed their gratefulness, impressed by a series of barrages on Thursday's Bridge Battle in particular. Baron Alexander of Hawkwood called those barrages, but was nonetheless impressed with the crews themselves.
      Further HRM Radagaisus awarded all of the siege engineers, who represented various groups, Dragons Teeth!**

      In short, we kicked butt, and were well appreciated!

      Draco Invictus!

      -Nadezda

      *Susan's appearance on Monday included a band-aid across her upper lip (from a previous blow), and a mustache drawn upon it. I note it separately because her good humor significantly lightened the mood.
      **Since it was not awarded to any one group, we don't get to display the award, but we do get to share in the pride of having been a party to it.

    • Verena Entenwirt
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
        This was by far the most entertaining of all the battles to watch. It was amazing to see all of the siege weaponry (especially when they all shot together)

        Here is part 1 of the third bridge battle
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPj-uYohH3c
        You can't really see the missiles to much as youtube made the file a bit smaller- but it looks great in HD :-)  (check out 4:45 to see some of the volley of airborne ammunition)

        Please ignore the audio, this was shot in the tower with the trumpeters and the time keeping marshals.

        Additional Pennsic Photos can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/Brynachndlr/PennsicWar39?feat=directlink

        -Verena
        (PS if anyone else would like to see additional battle footage, please let me know. The file sizes are just to large to upload them all onto youtube but I would be more then willing to upload pieces of them)

[...]

        Lady Verena Entenwirth
        www.broomstich.com

      • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2010
          The youtube video isn't bad if you expand it to full screen (4 way arrow at the bottom right).  I'm seeing the missiles pretty clearly.  It is entertaining!

          http://robyyan.googlepages.com