Fun Activities to do in Ayreton!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4 4:48 PM
      Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.
      Thank you!
      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S
      Due to the Winter Break for University of Chicago Campus there will be a Hiatus for the A&S and garb circle.  We will begin again on January 7, 2007.
      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.  Last week there were about 6 people working on projects.
      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.
      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.
      Hope to see you there!
      Direction at:
      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.
      ** Calligraphy and Illumination
        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month practice will be held on  December 12th and 26th.
      Heraldry Night
      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.
      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.
       The next scheduled meetings will be December 13th and 27th, January 10th and 24th, and February 14th and 28th.
      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption
      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.
      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.
      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.
      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Dec. 7
      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona