OT: Invitation to Midsumor with Oswin

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2010
      On the weekend of 24-25 July, come join Micel Folcland at Midsumor
      with Oswin! It is held in honor of our guest, Oswin (Geoff
      Williamson) who is visiting from the United Kingdom, and who will be
      instructing us in combat and gaming. Costume is not required.

      Micel Folcland--the WI-IN-IL branch of Regia Anglorum--will hold this
      event at Forest Glen Preserve near Westville, Illinois. It will be
      held in the historical era near the pioneer cabin. If you are
      interested in the Viking Age, the Danelaw, Anglo-Scandinavian culture
      and serious living history, we hope you can stop by for the free
      event and to see the wonderful park. Public hours are 10-5 on
      Saturday and 10-4 on Sunday, and activities will include textiles,
      cooking, gaming, Agriculture and much else.

      Talk, learn, have fun and enjoy the wonderful facilities of the park!
      Join in the games that will include the public! Remember, that
      "sometimes the 21st century is not enough!"

      For more information on the event, on Micel Folcland and on Regia, please see
      http://micelfolcland.org/midsumor_web.htm
      http://www.micelfolcland.org/
      http://www.regia.org/

      For Scadians, this is about 90 minutes from Simple Day, just off I-74
      leading directly west from Indianapolis.

      Cheers, Folo