Ayreton Activities announcements

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010

      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      BARONS NOYSE

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave , Chicago , IL 60645

      TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

      WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

      Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on the Second and Fourth Tuesday night of the month, at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

      Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

      Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

      SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

      Join the Guild on Tuesday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets every other Tuesday night at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call to confirm before coming- 773-750-2180.

      --------------------------

      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

      COURT AND COUNTRY

      Court and Country is a period vocal group which usually meets on Wednesdays from 6:30 - 9 PM, in the northwest suburbs (Wheeling). We would love to add more voices to our group.

      If you are interested in singing with us, please contact Tabitha Pennywarden at skycat <at> tds <dot> net.

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
      illumination.

      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
      When: M
      eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30 .

      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
      More info: 847-824-3814

      AYRETON LEATHERWORK NIGHT

      Ayreton Leatherwork Nights is on hiatus until further notice.

      Leatherwork night is available to anyone in the Ayreton area interested in working on leather projects like shoes, belts, pouches, repairs (armour too) and anything else you might bring along.

      Who:  Seamus (Jon Murphy)

      When:  First and Third Wednesdays

      Time:  6-9 pm

      Where:  920 N 3rd Ave , Maywood , IL 60153

      More info:  jon@..., 708 344 8320

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      ROKKEHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      We are confirmed for the following dates at the Oak Brook Library:

      Thurs. Jul 22 (moot)

      For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

      THE PIPPINS

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:30 – 9:30 pm .  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

      We tend to meet twice a month, and the location rotates between various members’ houses.  Please direct any questions to Acelina, the seneschal of VW, at <djc137@...>  The meetings start around 6:30 p.m. , and a dish to pass is encouraged as we tend to eat as well as sew.  All interested people are welcome.

      FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

      NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

      Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm
      Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.
      For more information, email: gschneid@....

      PERIOD COOKS NIGHT

      We're having Period Cooks Night on the 1st Friday of the month in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.  There's a different theme each month. Some meetings we plan to invite a Guest Chef to come and demonstrate/show us how a certain item is cooked and learn from that experienced person.

      Normally, each person attending brings a period recipe (from the theme we've chosen for that month) and the ingredients to cook the dish, but we all get together and cook it together and then we sample all the dishes that night together!  We comment on them, take notes, and make suggestions on how to improve them.

      For more info please contact PeriodCooksNight@...

      SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

      HERALDS AT HOME

      Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

      3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

      Phone 773-286-5952.

      All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

      GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

      For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts
      and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be
      of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

      ______

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

      The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
        When are the dance practices? It would be nice if they were here. Dunstan.

        Kevin Ambrozijwski, TGS MOAS

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____

        ------------ --------- -----

        More info:  jon@armlann. com, 708 344 8320

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

        For more information, email: gschneid@oakton. edu.

        For more info please contact PeriodCooksNight@ yahoo.com

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

[...]

        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

        If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

      • Jen Small
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
          Dunstan sends out regular reminders about the ECS dance practice, but since they are not SCA sponsored activities, they're not in the Ayreton official announcements.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
            replied to offlist.

            Kevin A.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
              It would be excellent to come dancing. We meet to dance every other sunday, at 6120 N Harlem.
              Site is hosted by the Empire of Chivalry and Steel in th Principality of Northwatch: a sister dimention of Ayreton.
              http://www.meetup.com/medieval-70/