Ayreton Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      Greetings!

      This is your once a month reminder that Ayreton Announcements can be found at the Ayreton News and Announcements, Yahoo! group.

      If you, your friends or your group have an activity, demo, event or just something Sca'dian you want to invite others to just drop me a line and I'll put it in my weekly announcements.  If you want to know what is going on in the area this is your one stop shop for a lot of the activities in the greater Chicago area.

      1 - I will only make full announcements to the Ayreton Discussion Group.  Its web address is:

      2- The only other list I make announcements to is Fighting in the Neighborhood for the Arts Martial in the Area.  After all that is exactly what that list was created for!

      3 - E-mails to you personal e-mail account can be done and happily so.  Simply send me an e-mail requesting the announcements you want to receive.

      What is the Ayreton Yahoo! group?

      The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Tedesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups.  And ANYONE can make announcements there not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.

      What if I don't have a Yahoo! e-mail account?  Can I still get on the list?

      Absolutely!  Simply subscribe by sending a message to
      ayreton-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  The list is open to everyone without any need for moderator approval.  The owners of the list do reserve the right to change that should there ever be some kind of abuse... yeah... we can't imagine what but okay.

      Also if you do choose to post an announcement to the list that is great!  In order to stop the list from being Spammed to heck and back your first AND ONLY YOUR FIRST post must be approved.  After that you will never have to have a post approved.  Again we're doing this to cut down on SPAMBOT invasion.

      So if I can get the announcements in my e-mail box are there any advantages to actually joining the list?

      Yes.  Besides being able to make announcements yourself about activities that are of interest to you there are other advantages as well.

      The Calendar.

      Lord Tedesco has done a FANTASTIC job of keeping the calendar up to date with just about every activity happening in Ayreton.  Not only does the calendar give the times and days of the activities but it includes addresses and often directions or links to directions for each activity as well!  This could easily be your one stop shop for activities in the Ayreton area!  You can find the calendar by logging into the Yahoo! group or by clicking on the link below.
      Lord Tedesco also went out of his way to build a links area that includes many midlands SCA groups not just Ayreton Groups.  This also includes the discussion groups for a variety of midlands groups including Ayreton Groups.

      Photos

      People are already populating the photo gallery!  Add your photos of activities as well.  Pictures of arts martial are great but so are A&S projects done or in the process!

      The Ayreton Map.

      Lord Tedesco took time to create a very cool looking map of the Ayreton area.  You'll see it every time you visit the Yahoo! group!

      I continue to enjoy being the Ayreton Towne Cryer very much.  I am very greatful for the support and thanks that I have received.  I look forward to making the announcement process simpler and easier to access for everyone while eliminating excessive inbox e-mail on account of those announcements.

      Lord Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
[...]

        The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Tedesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  It is also pretty much your one stop shop to find out the activities of the Ayreton Area as well as what is going on with the Ayreton Faire.

        Okay so what ISN'T the Ayreton Yahoo! group?

        It isn't a place for generalized discussion.  Please do feel free to make comments regarding your ideas and opinions on the Ayreton Fair and again, please feel free to announce your scadian activities as well.

[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Ayreton Towne Cryer
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          Greetings!
          The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Tedesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  It is also pretty much your one stop shop to find out the activities of the Ayreton Area as well as what is going on with the Ayreton Carnivale & Faire.

          AYRETON CARNIVALE & FAIRE

          The Ayreton area is having a Faire.  Every group of Ayreton is getting together and helping to put this event on!  The Website is: www.ayreton.org

          Not only that!  But the event is also hosting the Midlands Regional A&S Faire!

          This is the real deal.  Classes will be being taught.  If you have a class you would like to teach please contact the A&S classes coordinator listed below!

          This site is HUGE.  We have a 1/8 of a mile indoor track where Heavy fighting, Rapier and Youth Boffer will be taking place.  Plenty of room for Merchants and Populace as well.  If that wasn't enough we have 3 more highschool gyms as well as more than a few classrooms.  We will also have use of the Home Ec rooms which will have some fully usable kitchen stations as well.

          Arts Martial is looking to include as much as possible.  The list includes:

          Rapier Tournaments
          Rapier Midlands Practice
          Rapier Kingdom War Practice

          Heavy Tournaments
          Heavy Regional Practice

          Boffer Tournaments
          Boffer Melee Practice

          Archery Competitions  (Weather permitting outside)

          Thrown Weapons Competitions (Weather permitting outside)

          Merchanting space is $3 per 10' X 10' section.  Contact the Merchant Coordinator for space!

          Site is absolutely Bone DRY.  This is a public school and mundane law requires there is no alcohol on the school campus.  Please respect this as this site is used weekly and we really don't want to lose the site.  Thank you very much!

          Website for information is www.ayreton.org

          Contact information below for the coordinators:

          - Class Coordinator: Metylda of Ravenslake metylda@...
          - Troll Coordinator: Phebe Bonadeci (PC Reaney) reaneypj@...
          - Merchant Coordinator:  Nadezda nadezda_z@...
          - Youth Activities: Evzenie (Peg Cook) davidpeg@... and/or Meurig ap
            Cynfarch  nicothoe@...
          - Martial Activity Coordinator: Dietrich von Hamburg (David Cook)
            davidpeg@...
          - Rapier MIC: Anton du Marais  rapier-anton@...
          - Archery MIC: Shari (Ravenslake, sorry no contact info) and/or Michael Tyderek
           scadougal@...
          - Youth MIC: Acelina, Dayle Harding acelinaofderelei@...
          - Head Chef: Ghita suzanearley@...
          - Head Server: Fiona ni Chiardubhain, Joanne Labny jobear_4@..., with a few

[...]