News about the candidate polling

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2010
      Greeting Ayreton,

      His Royal Majesty Radagaisus has sent news of the progress towards selection of our Baron and Baroness and I've included the missive below. While the selection isn't final, it's good to see that He is making a great deal of effort on our behalf to make His choice.

      "Unto the Courageous Nobles, who have presented themselves as worthy
      Candidates to be Baron Ayreton and Baroness Ayreton; do Their Royal
      Majesties Radagaisus, Mighty Dragon King of the Midrealm, and His Most
      Graceful & Beautiful Queen, Ceinwen; send greetings and wondrous news:

      We have reviewed the Letters of Intent, the Polling tally, and the
      commentary of the residents of the Incipient Barony of Ayreton; and We
      have concluded that further inquiry is required in order to make this
      historic decision.

      Therefore do We call forth the following individuals to attend Us at A
      Simple Day in the Country, in Our Barony of Sternfeld, on Saturday, July
      24 AS XLV:

      Master Robyyan Torr d'Elandris & Her Excellency Sir Fern de la Foret
      and Sgt Henry of Exeter & THL Nadezda ZeZastrizl

      We would like to thank the remaining candidates for their efforts and
      their willingness to place themselves before the citizens of Ayreton for
      Their Royal Majesties consideration for this singular honor.

      We look forward to interviewing the finalist couples, with Our intent to
      announce Our decision via official correspondence the Monday following A
      Simple Day in the Country.

      With warmest regards to Our Incipient Barony,

      Sir Radagaisus & Ceinwen
      Thiudans & Regina Mediterranae"

      This news came to myself and the candidate several days ago and may have been shared with some of you already, but I wanted to delay officially forwarding it to all of Ayreton to give each of the candidates time to have received the word themselves.

      I'd like to thank each and every one of the candidates for offering themselves as candidates for Baron or Baroness, every one of you was well qualified for the role. It's also incredibly great to see the cooperation and good will that you all have shown to each other. I was deeply impressed at the last business meeting with your desire to work together to support the Barony and whoever among you is ultimately selected as Baron and Baroness.

      In your service,
      --Richard de Scolay
      Seneschal of Ayreton