Re: [Ayreton] Re: SCA - New to the area!

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18 8:12 AM
      I beg pardon of all. I did see this question, but in a flurry of emails that mentioned our fighter practices being cancelled due to the two meetings on Sunday, I had thought the answer had been given, albeit obliquely.

      Tim, hail and well met! It will be a joy to welcome a new member to our fair area. As you may have seen in the aforementioned emails, this week's fighter practice has been cancelled. However, we do have a way for you to immediately become involved! This week we are having two meetings, one after another and in the same location. The first, I believe, is for Tree-Girt-Sea, the shire that encompasses northern Chicago. The second meeting is for the Incipient Barony of Ayreton, which is soon to become non-incipient and a real live barony.

      Location: Congregational Church of Jefferson Park, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL 60630

      Time: 5:00 begins a potluck (if you intend to eat, bring food to share, too), with the first meeting to begin at 5:30 PM and the second... I confess, I don't remember whether it begins at 7:00 or 7:30 PM.

      All are welcome at meetings, no need to make prior arrangements. Meetings are not in garb or in persona, but I'm told (this will be my first meeting, too) that participants typically address one another with their SCA names rather than their modern names. Between business, I'm sure you'll have to put up with a great many people coming to introduce themselves, say hello, and welcome you warmly -- oh, such torture! ;)
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar

      On 18 Jun 2010, at 9:51 AM, Wendy Pastrick wrote:

      > Can anyone answer this for Tim?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Smiles,
      >
      > Jale

    • Sarafina Sinclair
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18 10:11 AM
        Greetings,

        I have responded to Tim privately in case he is not on the mailing list.

        Sarafina :D

        --
        Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL