Fwd: [Mid] From Ser Nickolas

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010

      From: Elise Fleming <alysk@...>
      To: sca-middle@... <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Mon, Jun 14, 2010 10:12 am
      Subject: [Mid] From Ser Nickolas

      Sent on behalf of Ser Nickolas:

      Greetings unto the stout-hearted people of the MidRealm from
      Nikolai Grigorevich Petrov, Knight of the Society and Champion to Her Majesty,Ceinwen ferch Elidir O’Denbigh.

      Many of you know that my wife, THL Serena Kimbalwyke is the
      current MidRealm A&S Champion. What you may not know is that she owns a
      horse and is an accomplished equestrian in the mundane world.

      She writes a blog about the challenges of balancing work,
      family, hobbies (i.e., the SCA) and the time she spends at the barn. This blog has led, in part, to her becoming a finalist in the “Live from Lexington” Internet contest.

      Were she to win, she would travel to Kentucky to act as a
      “web correspondent” where she would blog daily from the World Equestrian Games at the Kentucky Horse Park. This is an international event in which world class riders from a variety of disciplines compete on some of the finest horses the world over. It’s a big deal.

      In addition to the great opportunity to see the competition,
      she would also receive a ton (literally, 2000 pounds) of horse feed.

      Now here’s the part where you can help.

      The winners (two people will be selected to attend the event) are selected by popular vote on the Internet. Go to
      http://www.livefromlexington.com and click on the “vote for me” button under Serena’s photo (MKA Sheri Israel). You don’t have to provide any personal information, not even an email address. You can also view the video that got her to the finals, and read her blog posts.

      You can vote ONCE EVERY DAY until the end of the contest, July 12.

      If you can vote once, that would be wonderful. If you can vote every day, even better.

      In many ways, the SCA is about making dreams come dream. My wife’s current dream is to travel to the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky.
      Let’s see if we can harness the power of the SCA to make her dream come true.

      Please feel free to cross-post far and wide.

      In service,

      Nikolai.

      -- Elise Fleming
      alysk@...