Re: [Ayreton] SCA Practices

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 13, 2010
      On 13 Jun 2010, at 7:14 PM, Hannah Sievers wrote:

      > Judging by what you sent me, the sunday practice is what I can make, having no vehicle to get out to the site on tuesdays. Do rapier fighters meet on sundays? The rapier is what I was interested in.

      According to what I found on that website, http://midrealm.org/ayreton/martial.html, rapier practice (Thieves Of Hearts) meets on Tuesdays, and yet later in the same paragraph it mentions Mondays. I hope some rapier fighters will pop their heads in to clarify this murky activity posting.

      What meets on Sundays is heavy fighter practice -- they're the ones that swing big sticks (rattan swords, really).
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • Hannah Sievers
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 13, 2010
        Oh. I see. Well, I might have to settle for heavy weapon fighting unless a rapier fighter lives near downtown and is willing to become my friend and give me a ride, ha ha.
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 13, 2010
          > Judging by what you sent me, the sunday practice is what I can make, having no vehicle to get out to the site on tuesdays. Do rapier fighters meet on sundays? The rapier is what I was interested in.

          Hi, Hannah--

          Rapier on Sundays can be a little hit-or-miss, but if you email ahead of time, I can let you know if I'm able to be there-- I'm an avid fencer, and know a bunch of other fencers who I can touch base with, to see who can make it.

          Christian Fournier
          cf@...
        • Seamus MacBain
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2010
            On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Hannah Sievers <lysergswoman@...> wrote:

            Oh. I see. Well, I might have to settle for heavy weapon fighting unless a rapier fighter lives near downtown and is willing to become my friend and give me a ride, ha ha.

            -----------------

            Another option for the Tuesday night practice is to get in touch with the Thieves of Hearts (who I'm sure are recovering from the event this weekend at the moment) and let them know your situation.

            It wouldn't be the first time someone needed to be picked up from the local train station to be able to hit a practice.

            --
            Seamus

          • AlexdeSet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2010
              Greetings!
                   "Thieves" practices are generally held Tuesday nights at Gelnnbrook North High School at 7 pm. It is on Shermer Rd north of Willow. I believe directions may be found on the Shire of Ravenslake website (www.ravenslake.org) under "Cartography"
              Respectfully,
              Alexander

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 15, 2010
                Sorry for getting to the party late....  It's taken a bit to get caught up enolugh at work to check in here.

                Yes, picking up people from the train station is pretty do-able, You just need to get to the Glenview North station and we can do the rest.  I know this is short notice, but if you are still interested in making fight practice tonight, please just give me a call.

                Warder Anton du Marais
                22four-six88-73O4

                Hope to see you soon!

                Anton du Marais