Fwd: [Mid] Award recs/scribal reminder

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2010

      From the middle bridge...not a bad idea.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Karen Johnson <karenjohnson@...>
      To: midrealm@... <midrealm@...>; sca-middle@... <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Tue, Jun 8, 2010 5:12 pm
      Subject: [Mid] Award recs/scribal reminder

      There have been a couple posts lately on updating one’s award recommendations. While you’re there, take the time to give complete info and some detail.

      Right now, I’m finishing up the illumination details on a piece that’s going out this weekend. I’m sure it’s fine, but you know what? I hate it.

      You know why? Because although this person’s friends were thoughtful enough to put in an award rec, they didn’t add any details. Like: colors on the arms, favorite colors, persona culture, time of persona. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

      As the person doing the callig and illum on this one, I’m just so frustrated. I can’t personalize this in any way. Although the person for whom it is for is in my region, I do not know the person myself, and there’s no good way of getting background on the person without letting the cat out of the bag, as it were. I know other scribes get frustrated by this too—I’m hoping bringing the issue to The Bridge will help.

      And out goes an award that, graphically, could be given anywhere, to anyone, in any kingdom. I hate that. Makes my teeth itch.

      Prevent scribal angst! Add some detail when you recommend your friends for an award!!
      Katarina Peregrine
      Brendoken/Three Towers