Ayreton Arts Martial

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 22, 2006
      THE AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICES

      SUNDAY

      ** GREY GARGOYLES -

           AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND GARB CIRCLE

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all
      officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the
      Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      November 26th practice cancelled due to the holiday.

      December 3rd is the next practice. The Shire of Grey Hope will be invading and creating
      random fun so lets show up in force and have fun with them!

      December 10th onwards are Winter vacation. The first practice of the new year will be on
      the 7th.

        Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.  You may wish to take
      an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and exit at Garfield
      Blvd. (55th St.)

      Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (59th St.)

      Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of
      Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        LINK

        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the Lake Shore Drive please be
      aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

      This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** RAVENSLAKE -

      Fighter Practice starts at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every month which is a
      moot). We will focus on training new fighters and melee practice.  This practice is also a
      rapier, archery and thrown weapons practice as well !!!

      Here is the location:

      The Church of the Holy Family
      25291 Lehmann Blvd
      Lake Villa, IL 60046.
      One block south of 132 on rte 59.

      MONDAY PRACTICES

      YOUTH BOFFER

      To All Youth Fighters and their parents:

      We have a new site for boffer fighting practice.  We will have practice now twice a month,
      on the first and third Mondays of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.  We now have 12-16
      fighters coming to practice on a regular basis, with at least 2 fighters in each division
      regularly showing up.

      Location:

      Hope Presbyterian Church
      1771 S. Wiesbrook Road
      Wheaton, IL 60187

      Directions:  Coming from Butterfield Rd....The church is 2 blocks north of Butterfield Rd on
      the right. Wheaton-Warrenville South High School is on the west side of the road and the
      church is up on a hill across from the very back of the high school campus-this is the
      corner of Durfee and Wiesbrook.  On the corner of Wiesbrook and Butterfield is a little blue
      sign that says Hope Presbyterian Church.  Wiesbrook, which has a traffic light,  is West of
      Danada Square and east of the Blackwell Forest Preserve.

      Marshal in charge:  Acelina of Derelei  phone 630-378-5413.  email djc137@...

      We sincerely want to Thank Fox Vale for giving us our starting location.  We simply grew
      too big for that site.  But without them, this wouldn't have happened.

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

      This is no longer only a Rapier practice heavy fighters have now been taking advantage of
      this wonderful site as well!   If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please
      contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

      Rapier - The fall season has set its hands upon us and the din of war is fading.  Now is
      the time for those warriors still with us to turn our eyes, our arms and our minds to
      training and sharpening our skills.  And so the Thieves of Heart have started again classes
      for novice and advanced fencers.  Classes and games designed to be helpful in
      tournament matches as well as helping to bring out Melee ability as well.  Please come join
      us and add your knowledge to ours.

      Everyone is welcome to attend!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High School.
      Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

        Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        Exit Willow road to the EAST.  Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.

        Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
      school and turn left.

        Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
      tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door to the
      gym that will be on your left as you enter the parking lot.

      **  FOXVALE

      Foxvale has its practice site back.

      Please contact the heavy marshal for directions and times.

      Erick Maxskelly
      erickmaxskelly@...

      **  TREE GIRT SEA -

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL, 60630
      (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence, near the blue line & Jefferson Park
      Station).  Note, the church is continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other
      non-perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin Ambrozjewski.  His
      e-mail is kevinp9523@...
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 14, 2007
        There is Archery practice going on in the area.  I do apologize I can't seem to find the announcement request with the Schedule.

        YOUTH BOFFER

        Here is the summer schedule for youth boffer.....It takes place at 2 different spots.
        The months of June and July have the same 1st and 3rd Mondays that we always try to maintain.  Please note the other dates are different days of the week.  For Sunday practices: Sibeal and her family have a pool and have offered its use after the fighting sessions are over.  So, please bring your swim suit and enjoy!  The only requirement is that the parents must stay and supervise their children

        July: 16th (Mon), 22 (Sun)
        August:
        12th (Sun) and *26th ( Sun)
        *the 26th is our end of the summer potluck.  Our fighters enjoy each others company (and the parents like to chat as well!) and this gives them a relaxed chance to spend the last summer practice together!

        Two Places:
        1)
        Monday and Thursdays: these are all at Anna's house (same place as last years youth practices)
        630-527-7041
        (
        KCMalone3@...) if you have questions
        6:00-9:00 or dark
        address:
        6s054 Country Glen Dr.
        Naperville, IL  60563

        Just north and west of the Route 59 train station.  The first house on the right, facing Country Glen Dr.  You will see the chairs and fighters in the front as we use the side yard to fight in.

        2)
        Sundays: these are all at Sibeal's house
        630-364-2514
        (
        sibeal63@...)  if you have any questions
        1:30-until "tired"....fighting will probably go until about 3:30 or 4 and then swimming
        address:
        10S060 Alago Road
        Naperville, Il 60564

        Just off of 87th Street on the south side of the Springbrook Prairie preserve.  The house is on the west side of the street.  Fighting will be in the back yard.

        Acelina is the marshall in charge. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        SHIRE OF GREY GARGOYLES

         AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
          The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

        Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

            Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

          Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

        - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
        . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
        at
        Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

        - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

        - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

        - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
        59th St.)

        - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

          Map Link
        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        TUESDAY PRACTICES

           Thieves of Hearts Practice

        Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are:

        - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.