Re: [Ayreton] June Ayreton Business Meeting Time and Location

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
      Dear Juliana and Ayreton,

      Please disregard the change of date and location that I sent out yesterday. I'll follow-up later when an alternative date and location is found.

      Regarding the scheduling conflict with TGS's monthly meeting. I feel it is important to let everyone know that I did not mean to create a conflict and I didn't make the change without any attempt at communicating with the area seneschals. In fact, on June 4, I contacted all five current and three recent seneschals about the date and location of the next meeting. Neither of the two groups that haven't hosted a meeting in a while could get their locations for the 13th and because it conflicted with Border Skirmish, I asked them in a reply also dated the 4th about the idea of pushing the meeting back a week. I got no response from anyone, including the current or previous TGS seneschal, about any conflicts. So after three day, with time running out, I made the decision to go ahead with the 20th.

      At this point I'm out of ideas on when and where to have the next meeting. I'm about to start an all day meeting at work, so I'll have to think more about that later tonight.

      I'm sorry about the problems I created with this. I truly meant no disrespect.

      In your service,
      --Richard

      On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Julia Needlman <julianeedlman@...> wrote:

      Dear Richard and All Ayreton,

      Unfortunately the day and time set for the new Baronial Meeting is already the scheduled time for TGS's monthly meeting. This will be the second month in a row that the Insipiant Barony has scheduled over TGS. I am not comfortable with this situation.

       I can appreciate that our Barony needs to set it's next few monthly meetings in order to avoid this conflict, however this month we must find another way. Perhaps we can schedule the same day - different time , same location. Whatever we do now it is important that we do it with respect for all the prospective Canton's schedules. Thank you.

      Juliana

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010

          Hi Eoghan,

          I spoke with Richard yesterday when I returned from an unexpected trip out of town for a funeral (why I was unable to respond to his email) regarding the meeting schedule conflict.  He was not aware that the monthly TGS meeting is scheduled for the third Sunday of every month.

          I also contact most of the TGS officers regarding options for the meetings.  We all felt having both the baronial and TGS meetings is important.  I emailed Richard last night to propose moving the baronial meeting to our TGS meeting location in order to accommodate both meetings and eliminate the conflict.

          TGS is able to get our meeting site earlier to host both the baronial and TGS meetings on the 20th.  This is still a viable option for the baronial meeting if the other groups agree to the change.

          We all understand this is was an unexpected meeting change and that no one intended to create any conflict or strife.   TGS members have been and will continue to actively support both our group and our barony.

          At your service,

          Phebe

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2010
              Thank you Richard and Phebe for such quick and respectful action. Nice Job! See you at the meetings.

              Juliana

            • D'vorah bint al-Attar
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 2010
                So to recap, which meeting is earliest, and at what time, and at what address? Then we can just stay afterward for the other one, if we're able to come.
                D'vorah bint al-Attar
                Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
                dvorah@...
                Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
              • nadezda_zezastrizl
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 15, 2010
                  Two notes for those driving in for this meeting--one is that we can use the parking lot for Hoyne bank that's on the SE corner of Giddings & Milwaukee. The meeting location is at the Congregational Church of Jefferson Park, 5320 West Giddings.
                  Also, anyone taking the expressway should noted that the Lawrence Avenue I-90 outbound exit is currently unavailable due to a bridge reconstruction project. If you are travelling that direction, exit at Montrose off of I-94, continue West (left at the top of the ramp), and then turn right onto Milwaukee and continue to Giddings.
                  -Nadezda
                  If you have problems, call my cell at 847-902-2961