Fun stuff to do in Ayreton!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2006
      Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities
      that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to letme know if the announcements are up to
      date and current.
      Thank you!
      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S
      Taking place a Grey Gargoyles every Sunday from 2 p.m. until ending
      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor
      space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on
      your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there
      willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.
      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.
      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about
      getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.
      Hope to see you there!
      Direction at:
      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any
      instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach.
      Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can
      also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.
      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption
      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve
      years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone
      who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us
      on monday evenings.
      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination
        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's.
      Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month practice will be held on  October 31st
      Heraldry Night
      We will be starting up Heraldry Nights again on alternating Wednesdays.

      There is a change in location.  We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of
      Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.
      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by
      Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.
      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who
      is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the
      shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
      paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do
      what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our
      supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
      From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and
      illumination.  About the only request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to
      others and yourself.
      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)
      Thursday, Dec. 7
      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona