Attention Ayreton Gardeners!

  • Jen Small
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2010
      Unto the gardeners of Ayreton come greetings from Tacit and Gianetta, co-feast stewards for this year's All Souls event.

      This year's feast will have a New World theme, and we ALSO want to use as much locally grown produce as possible.

      So.....

      If you are planting a garden this year, we would love to include as much as you are willing to donate!  Here's what we need for the feast:

      Heirloom tomatoes
      Any kind of hot peppers
      Epazote
      Zucchini -- we need the zucchini blossoms
      Late fall salad greens (second planting)

      Thanks for your participation, we think this will be a lot of fun.

      In service,

      Tacit and Gianetta

    • akruck2007
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2010
        RE: Aztec All Souls Feast - plant growing

        Greetings!
        I have a squash plant (I believe) from Kevin Westberg (Vanished Woods) who started it for us. I had three growing indoors and was hoping to transplant them this wekeend, but 2 bit the dust already.

        Elisot (also of VW) said she had 3 and is down to one now, too. Could you email directions on what I should be doing with the leaves if it sprouts, please? And when is it supposed to sprout? Right now it looks just like a giant bean sprout w/2 small leaves. Should I be asking Lady Tacit of Darby for more seedlings to replace those that didn't make it?

        Wondering,
        Ann : )

        Lady Ann of Walton Woods