A&S Demo at Library

  • Sally Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 9:15 AM
      Greetings,

      I am looking for anyone interested in helping out for an A & S demo at my library on July 10 between 1:00 and 4:00. The theme for the Chicago Public Library Summer Reading Program for the kids is art so I would like to feature Medieval and Renaissance arts and crafts. I’m especially looking for calligraphy, needlework, costuming, jewelry making, leatherworking and armor making. Local color in costumes is also welcome. The room is unfortunately too small for fighting. If anyone willing to put together a simple craft for the kids to do, I will spring for the craft materials. Getting kids interested in Medieval and Renaissance art and crafts is very important and an art period, the Art Institute who is partnering with us for this program, completely ignored. It is also a good way to advertise the SCA to kids and their families.

      The library is the Galewood-Mont Clare Branch,    6969 W Grand Ave , Chicago IL 60707 .  We are located at Grand Ave and Sayre two blocks east of Harlem . Grand and Fullerton are combined at that point. It is near the Brickyards shopping center.

      Please call me if you are interested, Lady Gwen (Sally Jones) at 773-241-5583 (home) or 312-746-5136 (work).

      Lady Gwenllian Sion Crestin

      Shire of Gray Gargoyles