Re: [Ayreton] LEATHER CRAFTERS UNITE

  • Eleanor Hurckes
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2010
      Hmm, Perhaps if one were to approach Tandy on the subject of group en masse purchase of their fine qualty goods, I would think they would be open to the idea to create a whole new business/organizational membership allowing SCA types of groups a nifty discount seeing as fighters as well as merchants would be a steady & relaible customer base in their fine goods emm? Just an opinion of one who is observant in military matters & convergence.... :)

      Knightsrose

      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2010
        Greetings Alexander....

        You could also group order from Brettuns Village Leather.

        http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/

        I think the deals there are better than Tandy except that you can not
        (easily) go there and pick out your own leather. Landwerlen Leather
        in Indianapolis is also an outstanding place for anyone who works
        with leather to visit and buy. They do not have a web site but they
        do have a must visit it to believe it store.

        http://www.superpages.com/bp/Indianapolis-IN/Landwerlen-Leather-CO-L0088833159.htm?SRC=com411&C=Landwerlen&L=Indianapolis+IN&lbp=1&TR=77&bidType=FLCLIK&PGID=yp423.8081.1273352595710.18913256003

        The other source I use which is online and retail, not wholesale is
        Sartan's Working With Leather.

        http://www.saroftreve.com/wwl/index.htm

        It is great for getting one tool or even one buckle. When you need 2
        and not a pound of something, he is worth it. His leather prices are
        not the greatest so use him for tools and hardware and he takes
        PayPal. I will note that he caters primarily to the BDSM market but
        don't let that stop you from using a very good source. He has good
        leatherworking guides as well.

        Be well.....

        John Malkin aMalkin

        --
        John Railing aka Malkin
        1041 Nerge Rd., Apt. 104 * Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * 812-320-1447