Fwd: [Northshield] Border Skirmish is COMING

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2010
      Greetings to the Noble Halls of Northshield and beyond...

      Border Skirmish VII is just around the corner and what better place to be than
      at the beach, soaking up the sun, and having fun shopping, taking classes,
      singing/dancing, general merriment, and let's not forget.... hitting each other
      with sticks!  LOTS of sticks!

      We have a lot of really fun activities this year that we believe you will keep
      you smiling, learning and entertained all weekend long..... such as the castle
      building competition, woodworking competition, LOTS of fighting during the day
      and evening tourneys ...... shopping, classes, step through time in our period
      encampment, see the SCA through the eyes of the mundanes during our demo,
      oooh and awww" at the skilled arts on Artisan's Row, browse our Silent Auction,
      revel in the pageantry of our King and Queen's presence and court, hear the
      laughter from our youth activities, and lets not forget about the food.... oh,
      glorious food ......

      The Griffon and Dragon Tavern will be here this year to delight us with many of
      our old favorites, and this year will also be offering dinner on Friday night,
      and a pancake breakfast and lunch on Saturday!  Saturday night is the "BYOM and
      a dish to pass" pot luck feast where once again, hot grills will be available to
      cook your roast beast, and baked potatoes will be provided along with all the
      fixings!

      A concert of performers will entertain us prior to court, bardic circles will
      woo us in the evening by firelight, and the merriment of Captain Martini and his
      crew will share their stories and ale to all with a coin or two as they sail
      into port for a fun weekend!

      General pre-registration is open and spaces are available by visiting our webste
      at:
      http://caeranterth.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/2010/prereg_and_fees.php

      Merchant Pre-Registration is also open.   This event will also have a public
      demo at it, which could also be a great help to any merchants at the event. You
      can find merchant registration information at the Border Skirmish website at:
      http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/2010/merchants.php

      Site Fees:

      Tent Fee:  $ 5.00 per tent  [If you sleep in it, it’s a tent! Includes vehicles
      used for sleeping and RVs, not a dining fly or armor cover in which you don't
      sleep]

      Adults, Weekend, $14.00
      Students, Weekend, $10.00
      Senior Citizens (Age ), Weekend, $10.00
      Youth, Weekend (Age 6-17), $ 7.00
      Children (Age 0-5), Weekend, FREE of Charge

      Adults, 1-Day, $ 7.00
      Students, 1-Day, $ 7.00
      Senior Citizens (Age ), 1-Day, $ 7.00
      Youth (Age 6-17), 1-Day, $ 3.00
      Children (Age 0-5), 1-Day, FREE of Charge

      Border Skirmish wouldnt be complete without the skilled tradesmen and artists
      who happily share their knowledge with others!  If you would like to teach a
      class, please contact our Class Coordinator, THL Arnbjorn Karlsson to get on the
      schedule!  [There will be limited shade flies available, however if you wish to
      bring one to donate for the classes, it will be graciously accepted by the class
      coordinator and class attendees!]

      We are always looking for volunteers to help make the event fun for everyone....
      many hands make light work... so if your interested in donating an hour of your
      time, we would LOVE to spend the time with you and thank you in advance!  We are
      currently seeking individuals who would donate a little time at Troll, Security,
      Gate Entrance Guards, Parking Wranglers, Waterbearers, etc.  For a complete list
      of all the areas/positions requiring volunteers. please visit our website at:
      http://caeranterth.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/2010/staff.php

      For questions, concerns, suggestions or simply more information about Border
      Skirmish VII, please visit our website at: http://caeranterth.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/2010/index.php

      So spread the word near and far, bring your friends and kinsmen .... we are
      excited about your arrival and wish you and yours safe travels in the weeks to
      come!!

      Humbly in Service. we remain.....

      Sigrid Svensdottir (CAM) & Calybrid Ine Tere (RL)
      Co-Stewards for BSVII