Re: [Ayreton] Possible demo - Plainfieldfest - July 17/18

  • jay sabath
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2010
      Saturday demo would be workable for me

      On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Eva <schultz6755@...> wrote:

      Hello Ayreton,

      I've been asked by a lady at my sister's church, Plymouth Congregational Church in Plainfield (http://tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=plymouth_congregational) if we can provide any demo support for the church's display during Plainfield Fest, July 17-18. They asked last year, but it overlapped with Simple Day, so the church developed and ran their "renaissance faire" on their own. This year, if we can provide any support, they would love to have us.

      Plainfield Fest actually runs for three days, July 16-18, but we wouldn't be needed/expected the entire time. The coordinator said: "We will probably participate on the Saturday and possibly on the Sunday, and from last year, it probably won't start until the afternoon, as we didn't get much response in the earlier hours. We have an area where you could do your demonstrations either in front of the church steps or in the side yard – we have several tables set up under a canopy where we sell items and baked goods. We would feature demonstrations at whatever times you can give us, either set times (1 p.m., 3 p.m. 5 p.m.) or in one continuous time slot. We are simply looking for people who will attract attention to our area, and events that we can advertise (Sword fighting demonstration at 2 p.m!) in the paper and on our posters. We'd love to have some music too, if that can be provided."

      I believe we would be able to hand out SCA flyers as a recruiting tool - I can confirm that with the coordinator.

      Is there any interest in participating? I realize there is still quite a bit of time before this would take place. I have never organized and run a demo – what timeframe would be appropriate for finalizing our commitment and confirming with the church?

      If I can get a little input from someone who is experienced in running demos, it would be most appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Elianora Saunfayle

      Lord Johannes Machiavelli
      Shire of Rokkehealden