Unit cohesion & identity

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2010
      Forwarded message:

      Unto the Grand Dragon Host:

      In order to promote better espirit de corps & cohesion; as well as help the army, in general, locate and identify members of the General Staff and Regional Command; the following policy is in effect for the coming war season, including Pennsic:

      It is Our wish that, with the exception of the General Staff and Regional Command (CO's & XO's), that group & household battle units bear the livery of their respective battle units and refrain from wearing the Midrealm pale. We expect that the General Staff & Regional Commanders (CO's & XO's) bear the pale at all times on the battlefield.

      We expect that the pale be worn by all of Our Champions during the Champions' Battles at Pennsic.

      The purpose of this policy is to eliminate the "mixed bag" look of the Kingdom's various battle units when half of the fighters wear the pale and the rest bear the unit livery. Additionally, it's more difficult to maintain unit cohesion, especially after first impact, when you cannot instantly identify members of your own battle unit "on the fly". Moreover, reserving the pale for the General Staff and Regional Command for the generality of battles, allows for better location and identification of Our battlefields commanders since they won't "blend in" with non-commanders.

      This policy, in conjunction with Our demand that Serjants & Captains of the Red Company conspicuously identify themselves as such, will serve the greater goal of being able to identify Our General Staff, locate Our available situational & tactical leaders, and recognize Our several group battle units.

      We would like this policy to be fully implemented before Siege of Talonval.

      Now – Fight Well and Fight Together!

      Sir Radagaisus, Princeps
      Tanist Mediterranae

      "Draco Invictus"