Re: [Ayreton] Loss of an Ayreton member.

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
      On 14 Apr 2010, at 10:55 PM, ansel_1361 wrote:

      > To Ayreton,
      >
      > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
      >
      > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
      >
      > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
      >
      > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
      >
      > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
      >
      > A very sad Ansel and family.

      Oh, dear, no. I am so very sorry for this loss. May you be comforted, along with all those who mourn.
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • Scribesquire@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010

        We are very sorry for your loss.  Words fail me.   If you need anything, just let us know.

        Henry

        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
          Dear Ansel and Family,

          I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a great tragdey to lose somone so young, so promising, so cherished. Even as a teenager, Ryan was an active and valuable member of our groups. As an adult, he was on track to become one of the leaders of Foxvale.

          I was proud of him last summer when he authorized as a heavy fighter, and he was a good teammate at Pennsic. We will miss him.

          with sympathy,

          Fern

          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
            Please accept my sympathy for your loss.  Having had the opportunity to work with your son and you on occasions I knew he was a great young man.  I know I always came away with a smile.  My children and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers thru this time and afterwards.

            Anna and family
          • nadezda_zezastrizl
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
              I am very sorry for your loss -- Ayreton's loss. He was a great young man.
              Words cannot express how unfair life seems at this moment.
              -Nadezda & Wulf
            • Scribesquire@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010

                I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.

                Henry

                I have added a few pic's of Ryan in the photo section. Please add any you might have or your thoughts.

                I did see some of Ryan, Gareth, and myself posted with the Ayreton banner at forty year. If anyone has copies of those would you please e-mail me a print. ( anselclay@... ) I would be gratefull.

                BTW, for those who may not know, Hillarys husband Gareth is Ryans cousin. That is why we are truly family.

                Thanks

                Ansel

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

                > To Ayreton,
                >
                > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                >
                > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                >
                > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                >
                > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                >
                > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                >
                > A very sad Ansel and family.

              • scadougal
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
                  Threw a couple up myself.

                  --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Scribesquire@... wrote:

                  > I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.
                  >

                  > Henry

                • Marie Schorn
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
                    Hi Ansel,

                    I am so sorry for your loss.  I will say a prayer for your son.

                    Arrienne

                    On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, <Scribesquire@...> wrote:

                    I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.

                    Henry

                    I have added a few pic's of Ryan in the photo section. Please add any you might have or your thoughts.

                    I did see some of Ryan, Gareth, and myself posted with the Ayreton banner at forty year. If anyone has copies of those would you please e-mail me a print. ( anselclay@... ) I would be gratefull.

                    BTW, for those who may not know, Hillarys husband Gareth is Ryans cousin. That is why we are truly family.

                    Thanks

                    Ansel

                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

                    > To Ayreton,
                    >
                    > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                    >
                    > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                    >
                    > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                    >
                    > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                    >
                    > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                    >
                    > A very sad Ansel and family.

                  • Dayle Harding
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
                      Ansel--

                      Like many others, I am at a loss for words to express our sadness for your loss.  If there is anything our family can do for you, please let us know.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

                      Acelina

                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
                        Dear Ansel,

                        Our hearts go out to you and your family. We will not forget him.

                        Juliana and Hal

                      • Peg Cook
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 15, 2010
                          Ansel, we are so very sorry to hear about your tragic loss. David and I were trying to remember if we met your son back in the dim dark past. I think we did, once, anyway.

                          I can only imagine the pain you and your wife must be in right now. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

                          Evzenie/Peg