Loss of an Ayreton member.

  • ansel_1361
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 14 8:55 PM
      To Ayreton,

      It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.

      Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.

      It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.

      Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.

      Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.

      A very sad Ansel and family.
    • asackville@juno.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 14 9:30 PM
        Ansel.

        I am so sorry for your loss. It's horrible to have such a young and promising person taken from the world and your loving family so soon. I'm glad that you have the loving and wonderful memories to comfort you in this sorrowful time. I will keep you and your family in my evening blessings. May your hearts heal in time and may the warm, loving, proud and laughing memories be a soothing balm to all of you.

        Fionnuala

        Medicare 2010
        Looking For Medicare Supplement Insurance? Request Your Free Info Kit!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bc6969672713274689st05duc
      • ansel_1361
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 14 9:30 PM
          I have added a few pic's of Ryan in the photo section. Please add any you might have or your thoughts.

          I did see some of Ryan, Gareth, and myself posted with the Ayreton banner at forty year. If anyone has copies of those would you please e-mail me a print. ( anselclay@... ) I would be gratefull.

          BTW, for those who may not know, Hillarys husband Gareth is Ryans cousin. That is why we are truly family.

          Thanks

          Ansel

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

          > To Ayreton,
          >
          > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
          >
          > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
          >
          > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
          >
          > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
          >
          > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
          >
          > A very sad Ansel and family.

        • Bernal Schooley
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 14 9:40 PM
            Ansel,

            I'm at a loss for words and I've been in a daze since I heard the news earlier today. I have fond memories of serving and fighting along side of him and will truly miss having him around.

            Ryan was a good soul, mature beyond his years. While he never sought rewards, I'm sure he's reaping the benefits of his good deeds where he is now.

            Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

            --Richard

            On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:55 PM, ansel_1361 <ansel_1361@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
               Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • gwennymom
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 14 9:44 PM
              He was surrounded by love and grew a generous heart because of it. Dawn and Jim, his time here was beautiful because you were his parents. Thank you for sharing him with us, I will miss his great big bear hugs and goofy little jokes. I am a better person for having been a part of his life.

              all my love,
              gwen

            • jeffnaggie@aol.com
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 14 10:40 PM

                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 15 3:01 AM
                  Th0u gentelest heart Ansel & Respected Family:

                  Twas with a heavy heart that I read 0f this tradgedy this early s0ft m0rn. M0st emphatically, I have dispatch my heartfelt prayers & wishes as well as my deepest sympathies t0 reach thr0ugh0ut y0ur entire family, f0r HE wh0 is m0st revered, t0 l00k up0n y0u all in this time 0f s0rr0w, and begin t0 heal the h0le within y0ur hearts and make anew the glad times that n0w are but treasured mem0ries.

                  Tis a time such as this, when a warri0r finds his true strengths and a gentleman finds his cause t0 champi0n.  I am but new t0 this realm, and I have met thee n0t as yet; alas, but I shall kn0w 0f his bravad0 thru his legends as t0ld t0 me by th0se which have kn0wn him.  May G0d almighty reach his hand d0wn up0n y0ur heart and pr0tect it as y0u heal fr0m this l0ss. W0uld that I c0uld pay my respects in the flesh, aye, that I w0uld. alas, the mind is willing - the b0dy d0es n0t wish t0 make it s0 at this time.

                  A candle has been lit in his mem0ry and prayers are being c0nveyed t0 the Alimghty in his h0n0r. Again, kn0w that I share y0ur pain, s0 that its heft may be lifted fr0m y0u & y0ur family. G0d Speed!

                  Please accept my sincerest c0nd0lances.

                  Knightsr0se

                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 15 4:20 AM
                    Ansel,

                    Words seem so inadequate right now.  I'm so sorry for your lost.  I wish with all my heart I could be with you right now.  As Mike said to me last night after hearing the news, "It really sucks being over here right now."  My heart is broken for you, Dawn, Allie and Devin.

                    I'm so glad you have so many wonderful memories to keep within your heart and hope those memories will help, in some small way, to comfort you now.  I remember how proud you both were last Pennsic to be able to fight together, father and son.  I am glad I was able to witness that moment.

                    I have so many fond memories of Ryan over the years.  I remember not that long ago when he was small entertaining him at Rockehelden fight practice while you fenced. I remember his many events with us. I fondly remember him growing from a young member of the SCA, bearing drinks while we served feasts, watching become a youth boffer fighter and growing into an adult heavy fighter and full member of our society in his own right, helping in the kitchen at Foxvale's event, severing at feast and being a bight young member of the society furthering our dream.

                    I also have so many mundane memories of him as well.  His goofy sense of humor and jokes.  All the times we spent together at each others homes.  Him being a fantastic big brother to first Allie (or "Abadale" as he called her before she was born), though all her illnesses, and then to Devin.  It was joy to see all the kids so close even with the big difference in their ages.  I remember Sun. afternoon Bears games at my house when he would laugh at me getting so intense about the game.  This past seasons Bears games weren't the same and future Bears games will be missing his laughter and cheering.  Of course the last time I saw him at your house for the Super Bowl this year.  What a fun we had that day and I smile eveytime I think about it.

                    My most special memory,hwever, is last June when I was home for a visit and we all went out for Pizza.  Ryan had just found out school had not gone the way he would have hoped and he was so mad at himself and how he told me he was going to change things.  I remember thinking, after seeing such a serious and stubborn look on his face, that his is going to do it.  I also remember thinking that night he had truly matured into a truly special young man seeing in him the determination to follow up those words with actions.  I was so very proud of him that night because it is not many people, at his age, could look at that kind of disappointment and pick himself up, start fresh and to follow through with the promises he made to himself that night.

                    You and Dawn should be very proud for the young man you raised.  I know my life will have been better for having Ryan in it.  Please know that I love you, Dawn, Allie, and Devin and my prayers are with all of you.

                    All my love,

                    Fiona (Jobear

[...]

                  • Christian Fournier
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 15 4:34 AM
                      Ansel, words fail me.

                      Know that we are here for you.
                    • D'vorah bint al-Attar
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 15 4:48 AM
                        On 14 Apr 2010, at 10:55 PM, ansel_1361 wrote:

                        > To Ayreton,
                        >
                        > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                        >
                        > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                        >
                        > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                        >
                        > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                        >
                        > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                        >
                        > A very sad Ansel and family.

                        Oh, dear, no. I am so very sorry for this loss. May you be comforted, along with all those who mourn.
                        D'vorah bint al-Attar
                        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
                        dvorah@...
                        Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
                      • Wolfram von Waldersbach
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 15 5:05 AM
                          Ansel,

                          I am truly sorry for your loss. I remember practicing with him at an Ayreton practice held at the All Souls' site as he was trying to authorize. He had already hit Henry of Exeter a few times below the knee while sparring with him. One of his first shots against me went a little below my knee. I started to chuckle, said "I think that was a little low", and chuckled some more. Ryan immediately apologized. I said it was no big deal and laughed a little more. Ryan apologized again afterward, and I laughed it off a further time. He must have thought I was insane.

                          Although our paths hardly crossed, the few times I saw Rayn he was a great kid who was fun to be around. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family at this terrible time.

                          In Service,

                          "Voca me cum benedictis"
                          2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

                          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 15 5:25 AM
                            I'm so sorry, Ansel.

                            Roana

                            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

                            > To Ayreton,
                            >
                            > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                            >
                            > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                            >
                            > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                            >
                            > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                            >
                            > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                            >
                            > A very sad Ansel and family.

                          • Thomas Hughes
                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 15 5:32 AM

                              Ansel,

                              Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

                              Sean and Nicholaa

                            • suzanearley@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 15 5:41 AM

                                SUCKS!!!! *cries*

                                Ghita

                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 15 5:52 AM
                                  http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=373200

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 15 6:27 AM
                                    Ryan was a great guy. He will be missed. I will hold him in my prayers.

                                    Kevin Ambrozijwski

[...]

                                    ------------ --------- --------- ------

                                    ~~~~~

                                    To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ cal/

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                        Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                                        Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

                                        http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                                  • Carrot Khan
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Apr 15 6:34 AM
                                      Ansel,

                                      I am so sorry.

                                      Jadwiga

                                    • mickel14@msu.edu
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Apr 15 6:48 AM
                                        I'm so sorry for your loss.
                                        -Susan/Susanna

                                        Quoting ansel_1361 <ansel_1361@...>:

                                        > To Ayreton,
                                        >
                                        > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of
                                        > Ayreton.  Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which
                                        > also took the life of his best friend.  They both left this world
                                        > without any pain.
                                        >
                                        > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of
                                        > their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner
                                        > barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of
                                        > the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic
                                        > next to his proud father.
                                        >
                                        > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories.
                                        > When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without
                                        > me and created his own tales.  The stories he shared about honorable
                                        > engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir
                                        > Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                                        >
                                        > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and
                                        > his parents.  Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of
                                        > you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time.
                                        > Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it
                                        > for those who may want to know.
                                        >
                                        > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                                        >
                                        > A very sad Ansel and family.

                                      • Eoghan
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Apr 15 6:51 AM
                                          In the few times I had a chance to share an activity with him, he brought a smile and a warmth to his every action. I'm so sorry for your loss.

                                          On 4/14/2010 10:55 PM, ansel_1361 wrote:

[...]

                                        • Jill Elaine Hughes
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Apr 15 6:53 AM
                                            As a new member of the barony I did not have the pleasure of knowing Ryan, but please accept my deepest condolences.

                                            Marissa

                                          • Scribesquire@comcast.net
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Apr 15 6:55 AM

                                              We are very sorry for your loss.  Words fail me.   If you need anything, just let us know.

                                              Henry

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Apr 15 7:07 AM
                                                Dear Ansel and Family,

                                                I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a great tragdey to lose somone so young, so promising, so cherished. Even as a teenager, Ryan was an active and valuable member of our groups. As an adult, he was on track to become one of the leaders of Foxvale.

                                                I was proud of him last summer when he authorized as a heavy fighter, and he was a good teammate at Pennsic. We will miss him.

                                                with sympathy,

                                                Fern

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Apr 15 7:07 AM
                                                  Please accept my sympathy for your loss.  Having had the opportunity to work with your son and you on occasions I knew he was a great young man.  I know I always came away with a smile.  My children and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers thru this time and afterwards.

                                                  Anna and family
                                                • nadezda_zezastrizl
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Apr 15 7:47 AM
                                                    I am very sorry for your loss -- Ayreton's loss. He was a great young man.
                                                    Words cannot express how unfair life seems at this moment.
                                                    -Nadezda & Wulf
                                                  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Apr 15 8:51 AM

                                                      I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.

                                                      Henry

                                                      I have added a few pic's of Ryan in the photo section. Please add any you might have or your thoughts.

                                                      I did see some of Ryan, Gareth, and myself posted with the Ayreton banner at forty year. If anyone has copies of those would you please e-mail me a print. ( anselclay@... ) I would be gratefull.

                                                      BTW, for those who may not know, Hillarys husband Gareth is Ryans cousin. That is why we are truly family.

                                                      Thanks

                                                      Ansel

                                                      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

                                                      > To Ayreton,
                                                      >
                                                      > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                                                      >
                                                      > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                                                      >
                                                      > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                                                      >
                                                      > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                                                      >
                                                      > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                                                      >
                                                      > A very sad Ansel and family.

                                                    • scadougal
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Apr 15 9:26 AM
                                                        Threw a couple up myself.

                                                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Scribesquire@... wrote:

                                                        > I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.
                                                        >

                                                        > Henry

                                                      • Marie Schorn
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Apr 15 9:26 AM
                                                          Hi Ansel,

                                                          I am so sorry for your loss.  I will say a prayer for your son.

                                                          Arrienne

                                                          On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, <Scribesquire@...> wrote:

                                                          I just added two pics given to me by Lady Isabel.

                                                          Henry

                                                          I have added a few pic's of Ryan in the photo section. Please add any you might have or your thoughts.

                                                          I did see some of Ryan, Gareth, and myself posted with the Ayreton banner at forty year. If anyone has copies of those would you please e-mail me a print. ( anselclay@... ) I would be gratefull.

                                                          BTW, for those who may not know, Hillarys husband Gareth is Ryans cousin. That is why we are truly family.

                                                          Thanks

                                                          Ansel

                                                          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "ansel_1361" <ansel_1361@...> wrote:

                                                          > To Ayreton,
                                                          >
                                                          > It is with sadness of heart that I have to write to my friends of Ayreton. Today I lost my son Ryan of Foxvale in a car accident which also took the life of his best friend. They both left this world without any pain.
                                                          >
                                                          > Some may remember him as young boffer fighter, a server at one of their feast, a person who helped load their car, an archer, a banner barrier at forty year, an opponent at the Stone Dog games, and one of the newest Ayreton fighters to take the field of this last Pennsic next to his proud father.
                                                          >
                                                          > It made me proud fighting alongside him and sharing the NS stories. When I was too tired to fight in the castle battle, he did so without me and created his own tales. The stories he shared about honorable engagements in the woods was verified by an Ealdormere Knight, Sir Evander, these too made me a proud pappa.
                                                          >
                                                          > Ryan has left a younger brother of six and a sister of fourteen and his parents. Our family is grieving his loss as I am sure some of you will too, so please remember him in your own way at this time. Once I know the arrangements for his wake and funeral, I will post it for those who may want to know.
                                                          >
                                                          > Thank you for being a part of his short and wonderful life.
                                                          >
                                                          > A very sad Ansel and family.

                                                        • Dayle Harding
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Apr 15 10:43 AM
                                                            Ansel--

                                                            Like many others, I am at a loss for words to express our sadness for your loss.  If there is anything our family can do for you, please let us know.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

                                                            Acelina

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Apr 15 12:48 PM
                                                              Dear Ansel,

                                                              Our hearts go out to you and your family. We will not forget him.

                                                              Juliana and Hal

                                                            • Peg Cook
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Apr 15 7:27 PM
                                                                Ansel, we are so very sorry to hear about your tragic loss. David and I were trying to remember if we met your son back in the dim dark past. I think we did, once, anyway.

                                                                I can only imagine the pain you and your wife must be in right now. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

                                                                Evzenie/Peg