Silent Auction at Rites of Spring to help some of Our Own

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:55 AM
      Good Gentles of the Midlands,
      Kindly forgive the massive cross posting.

      As you may have heard at this time, I am hosting a silent auction at Rites of Spring to benefit the an SCA family in Ravenslake.  Without going into detail, significant health problems have been taking their toll on this family, as both mother and father have been facing repeated major medical issues.  Due to those issues, there is an equally significant financial impact.  The family of six is active within their shire and they are the kind of people you can be certain would answer this call for someone need.

      Therefore I am making a request of all those who are able.  Please Donate. Please Bid.

      So far, I have received some cloth, a few resource books, some decorated pottery, many  semi-precious gems, and some other handmade jewelry.  We need more items.

      Ideas for donations (but not limited to said list):
      Metal embellishments, buttons, belt or cloak clasps, etc.
      Plumes
      Cloth in natural fibers
      Headwear such as veils, wimples, barbettes, hats, etc.
      Medieval Shoes
      Indulgence baskets such as jams/jellies/cookies/soaps/candles, etc.
      Resource books
      Services (i.e. This Bard will Sing this Song for you at Feast at This Event)
      Bladed Things
      Armor Things
      Archery Things
      Rapier Things
      Youth Combat Things
      Jewelry
      Furniture
      Games and Puzzles
      Feast Gear
      Leather accessories
      Scribal items

      Kindly contact me with your donations at this email, and bring said items to the Spicewell's Booth at Rites of Spring.
      Any item not receiving a bid will be passed on to the Ravenslake-hosted Silent Auction to benefit this family planned at Border Skirmish.

      In addition, the famously delicious and rarely seen von Andersnaks cookies will be available at the Celtic Sun/Ravenslake benefit bake sale.  A portion of proceeds from Spicewell's will also be going to the family.

      Midlands, I am asking each of you to help make a difference.  If you have questions, please contact me directly *off-list* at midlandsseneschal@...

      Yours In Service,
      THL Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
      Midlands Regional Seneschal