Re: [Ayreton] Letters of Intent to be Baron/Baroness

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2010
      Xavier,

      I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I had intended to but it wasn't until I saw Mary's reply that I remembered I had forgotten to do so.

      While I agree that this mailing list is our primary channel of communication, the consensus was that discussions could create more problems than they would solve if allowed to take place via the mailing list. As an alternative, it was suggested and agreed upon that we use the website to provide information on the candidates. The candidates are encouraged to write a letter to the populous that will be posted on the website and will also be given an opportunity to speak to the populous and answer questions at the next Ayreton business meeting on April 11th.

      In your service,
      --Richard

      On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:02 AM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

      On 3/17/2010 11:14 PM, Bernal Schooley wrote:
      It was also decided at the business meeting, that discussion of the candidates should not take place on the Ayreton Yahoo group mailing list. If anyone has questions for the candidates, they should contact them directly, off-list.

          I'm curious about the rationale for this decision.  This is the primary way to communicate to everyone - why not use it to discuss the volunteers for baron and baroness, and how their goals fit with our expectations?

          Xavier