Fwd: [Village Green] Silent Auction at Rites of Spring to Benefit an SCA Family in Need

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010
      Forwarded from the Middle Bridge

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh <midlandsseneschal@...>
      To: village-green@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Griffin Daltrey <chynna061688@...>
      Sent: Mon, Mar 22, 2010 1:41 pm
      Subject: [Village Green] Silent Auction at Rites of Spring to Benefit an SCA Family in Need

      Greetings unto all those gathered from Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh, Midlands
      Regional Seneschal.
      Good Lords and Ladies,
      With the permission of the Event Steward of Rites of Spring and Their
      Excellencies of Illiton, I am asking all those assembled at Rites of Spring to
      consider helping an SCA family from Ravenslake, the Murphys, by participating in
      a silent auction.  Dad has been fighting the good fight for about ten years
      versus a catastrophic and progressive illness which has resurfaced ferociously
      and now Mom is dealing with multiple hospitalizations and job loss, and because
      of those occurrences, financially they need some help.  The entire family of six
      are wonderful, active members of their shire who love history and the arts and
      sciences.  They are the kind of people who normally answer a call like this one.
      So, with that, I ask the following:  donations of SCA appropriate items, such as
      books, jewelry, leather goods, glassware, metalgoods, all sorts of things!
      Please bring items cleaned, if need be, to the silent auction.  If you have no
      goods you feel are suitable for donation, please then bring your expendable cash
      and bid on items in the auction.  I will accept the donations in the Merchant
      area.  Please find me at Spicewell's.
      It is my understanding that Celtic Sun is hosting a fundraising bake sale to
      assist as well.  Additionally, a portion of Spicewell's proceeds for the day
      will go to the family's fund.  Please stop by and see if there are things that
      strike your fancy, and know you're helping support some of our own.
      I have seen the generosity of the Midlands in the past, rallying around those in
      need, and humbly ask the assistance of each of you reading this today.  If
      you're attending Rites of Spring, please come take part in this endeavor, with
      your donations and bids.  Help us rewrite Murphy's Law to "When something does
      go wrong, count on the Midlands to help."
      Humbly in Your Service,
      Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh, CE, CW, APF
      Midlands Regional Seneschal
      Shattered Crystal Pursuivant
      Company of the Occupied Otter
      Reminder:  The Village Green is meant to be used for announcements pertaining to
      the Midlands region.  Please carry any discussions to the Frasers Oak List, a
      comfortable tavern where you may relax and chat with your Midlands friends over
      a pint of Angus' Best.  You may subscribe to the Oak from:
      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional
      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)