Pennsic Gift Basket

  • Nora London
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2010
      Greetings to the List-               Seneschals -Please cross post to the other area lists

      The Gift Basket for the East Kingdom is coming along very nicely. Currently we have the following promised items for the gift basket;

      Set of purple and gold glass goblets- Wulf
      Set of pottery goblets in the Royalties' colors- D'Vorah bint al-Attar
      Bottles of Mead - Henry of Exeter
      Scroll cases and copper tokens- Countess Syr Fern
      Blank Scrolls for East Kingdom AOA level Awards- Hillary (and others TBD)
      Leather tooled item- Marissa
      Trim- Foxvale
      Inkle loom trim- Yamamura Kitsune Gozen
      Small tapestry bags- Nicholaa
      Pottery Brush trays- Elaine Ladd
      Embroidered item- Margrett Norwood

      Several others have mentioned contributing items but have not decided the specific donation at this time. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up so far. I am certainly open to suggestions and additional contributions to this effort. If you are thinking of donating an item please contact me.

      To help with ideas-
      The eastern royalties' personal colors are green, white and blue for hers (charge is blue mushrooms) and red white and gold for his (charge is white greyhound rampant). They are early to mid Tudor (Henry VII and Henry VIII).
      East Kingdom arms are purple and gold.
      Other items that could be considered-
      Various small gift tokens
      Small blank hand bound books
      Note cards
      Other feast gear
      Small boxes
      And I am certain that others will have some very good ideas as well. Please share them.

      Time frame- I need to have all donations turned in no later than July 1 to prepare the basket(s). I would like to present our efforts to their Majesties at Simple Day if they attend or at least on display prior to being sent to Pennsic.

      If you have any questions on this project please contact me off list. ( nhalden@... )

      Many Thanks to all who are volunteering their resources to this effort.

      YIS,

      Nicholaa

      Dame Nicholaa Halden, OP
      Ayreton MOAS
      Vanished Woods MOAS

    • Nora London
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2010
        Just wanted to let everyone know that the project has been completed with the presentation and turnover of the baskets to TRM at Simple Day.

        We had a nice presentation group to deliver the gifts to there majesties which was presented to HRM. She was very impressed with our generosity and said it spoke well of our "new' baronial group.

        Many thanks again to all who contributed and supported this effort.

        YIS,

        Nicholaa

        Ayreton MOAS