Re: [Ayreton] Event Site

  • Jenna Klauss
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 8, 2006
      Don't think they played water polo back in the day!

      Keiley

      Johannes Machiavelli <rokkehealden@...> wrote:
      Tedesco da Venezia

      What about the pools?

      Johannes Machaivelli

      --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@ayreton. org> wrote:

      > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
      > make it to the school
      > can see what we're dealing with:
      > http://mopwho. com/GBNmap_ event.gif
      >
      > The main event areas, the field house and the three
      > gymnasiums, are
      > highlighted in blue. (The fourth gym, D106, is
      > filled with gymnastic
      > equipment.) Troll will be in the vestibule at the
      > top-left corner of the
      > Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the
      > gymnasiums. Note there is a
      > doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which
      > is kinda hard to see on
      > this map, but it makes this prime space. We're
      > thinking either the main A&S
      > Faire displays and/or merchants. (There is PLENTY
      > of space in the field
      > house for merchants too.) The orange rooms are
      > music classrooms that we can
      > use for the A&S Education Day classes. Note E107
      > has a tiered seating,
      > making this good for performances and lectures. The
      > green rooms over by the
      > field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with
      > showers. The red room
      > between them is the coach's office, which can be a
      > great Royalty Room,
      > especially since it has it's own private locker
      > room! As noted before, the
      > only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which
      > will be used for feast
      > (in purple) is halfway across the building. We DO
      > have access to carts, and
      > we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food
      > warm. Plus, as noted on
      > the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the
      > home ec room to get all
      > the food into the kitchen.
      >

      > Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of
      > Ravenslake came to the site
      > last night and were very pleased with the space.
      > They will be handling the
      > bid for Regional A&S Faire. If anyone else would
      > like to see the site,
      > please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart
      > practice, and I'll show
      > you around. Directions can be found here:
      > http://thieves. ayreton.org/
      > (These directions lead you to what is labeled
      > "Merchant and Staff Parking".
      > We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

      Sponsored Link

      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
      Sign up now. http://www.vonage. com/startsavingn ow/

      Sponsored Link

      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

    • Dolores Becker
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
        Aquatic fencing, anyone?

        Moose

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
          Perhaps not, but the could have!  What about jousting in boats?  D'you think they'd mind a viking funeral, if we kept is small?  } ; )

          Moose

          Johannes Machiavelli <rokkehealden@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          Tedesco da Venezia

          What about the pools?

          Johannes Machaivelli

          --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@ayreton. org> wrote:

          > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
          > make it to the school
          > can see what we're dealing with:
          > http://mopwho. com/GBNmap_ event.gif
          >
          > The main event areas, the field house and the three
          > gymnasiums, are
          > highlighted in blue. (The fourth gym, D106, is
          > filled with gymnastic
          > equipment.) Troll will be in the vestibule at the
          > top-left corner of the
          > Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the
          > gymnasiums. Note there is a
          > doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which
          > is kinda hard to see on
          > this map, but it makes this prime space. We're
          > thinking either the main A&S
          > Faire displays and/or merchants. (There is PLENTY
          > of space in the field
          > house for merchants too.) The orange rooms are
          > music classrooms that we can
          > use for the A&S Education Day classes. Note E107
          > has a tiered seating,
          > making this good for performances and lectures. The
          > green rooms over by the
          > field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with
          > showers. The red room
          > between them is the coach's office, which can be a
          > great Royalty Room,
          > especially since it has it's own private locker
          > room! As noted before, the
          > only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which
          > will be used for feast
          > (in purple) is halfway across the building. We DO
          > have access to carts, and
          > we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food
          > warm. Plus, as noted on
          > the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the
          > home ec room to get all
          > the food into the kitchen.
          >

          > Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of
          > Ravenslake came to the site
          > last night and were very pleased with the space.
          > They will be handling the
          > bid for Regional A&S Faire. If anyone else would
          > like to see the site,
          > please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart
          > practice, and I'll show
          > you around. Directions can be found here:
          > http://thieves. ayreton.org/
          > (These directions lead you to what is labeled
          > "Merchant and Staff Parking".
          > We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

          Sponsored Link

          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
          Sign up now. http://www.vonage. com/startsavingn ow/

          Sponsored Link

          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

        • xzeguian
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
            I could make a comment about Marco Polo and Venice but I will
            restrain myself...

            Isabel