Mensa Demo in October

  • lady_mairead
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
      Response needed for possible demo:

      Please see the following email from the coordinator of the Mensa Halloweem event. In 2009, I did a presentation on the life of an Elizabethan townsperson from a first person perspective, with Baroness Sarafina also attending to assist (because Cynthia only wanted 1-2 people presenting last year), and the room was packed. Cynthia was very happy with us. Now she wants a bigger SCA presence.

      Greetings, Kerri-Ellen.

      I know it seems as though October is a long way off, but we're already
      working on some of the key elements of the the big Mensa weekend at the end of October.

      We had talked about the possibility of staging a mini-Ren Faire on the
      Friday of the event (Oct. 29 this year), with a range of displays, artists, vendors, etc. As with last year, the compensation would again be free admission for the day of your choice at our event, plus for vendors, anything they earn selling their wares, and of course a chance to tell people about SCA and its events, with the possibility of soliciting more interested parties.

      Please let me know as soon as possible if you think we can plan on having this event. I do understand that you'd have to discuss this with others, but this would be one of the weekend's major events, so we do want to know if it will be happening.

      I hope you'll be joining us again--and bringing your friends.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Cynthia Clampitt
      --
      Program Chair
      Chicago-area Mensa
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
        Sorry--didn't identify myself. This is my alternate email address, for those who don't recognize it, and it's where I have several SCA mailings sent to, including the Ayreton list.

        Margrett Norwoode

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "lady_mairead" <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

        > Response needed for possible demo:

        . . .