Ayreton Arts Martial Announcement

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010

      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

      YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

      Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

      SUNDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at:

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive .

        Ida Noyes Hall -
      59th St. and Woodlawn Ave. , Chicago , IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. ( 55th St .)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance ( 59th St .)

      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue , Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

      MONDAY PRACTICES

      THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

      This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Monday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook , IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

      The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

      Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      Time:
      7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      7240 West
      Madison
      Forest Park , Illinois 60130
      Range Phone: 708 366 4864

      $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      $12 for rental gear.
      http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

      All are welcome!

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

      The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

    • David Valenta
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010
        This Sunday practice at Ida Noyes is on a waiting list.

        At this time we have no space. Should this change I will post to the list.

        Guy Dawkins

        Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@aol. com) for details.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ message/14

        Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
        Time:
        7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

        7240 West
        Madison
        Forest Park , Illinois 60130
        Range Phone: 708 366 4864

        $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
        $12 for rental gear.
        http://www.archeryc ustomshop. com/

        All are welcome!

        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

        If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

      • Ayreton Chronicler
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010

          Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

          YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

          Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

          SUNDAY PRACTICES

          AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

          The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

          This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday. (The only definite date for March is March 7th.  Other days are dependent on weather conditions as Ida Noyes Hall is unavailable for the rest of March.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010

            Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

            YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

            Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

            SUNDAY PRACTICES

            AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

            The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkehealden, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

            This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday. NOTE: Ida Noyes Hall is unavailable in March.  If the weather is good, there may be outdoor practices but it is March so that is unlikely.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30, 2010

                Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

                YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

                Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

                SUNDAY PRACTICES

                AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

                The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkehealden, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

                This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday. NOTE: Ida Noyes Hall is unavailable in March and some days in April.  If the weather is good, there may be outdoor practices but please verify before heading out.

[...]

                TUESDAY PRACTICES

                THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE – back to Tuesdays starting April

                This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

                Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook , IL