Re: [Ayreton] Re:[CHARTER] Agenda for 2010-02-07

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2010
      Greeting Kevin,

      While we did make some adjustments to the charter in light of His Majesties wishes, we didn't change the intent of the charter that we created. In the final version that came out of the charter meeting last Sunday, we actually removed the part where the Baron & Baron have to approve the officers. The changes we ended up with for officer selection were made to reflect kingdom law and are actually a copy of the wording used in Flaming Gryphon's charter. In section IX, it clearly states that events are under the purview of the baronial curia. And the section on decision making was changed to reflect both the wishes of His Majesty regarding the authority of the Baron and Baroness, while at the same time more clearly defining framework within which that authority can be exercised. To put it plainly it states what is there's by kingdom law or the charter is theirs, what is the purview of baronial officers is theirs, and anything left over is for the Baron and Baroness to decide only after they take into consideration the advice of the curia.

      I do plan to present the changes at the meeting tonight and take a vote on whether to proceed or not. This is the same process we used for approving the previous version of the charter as well.

      If anyone can't make it tonight and wants to put in a proxy vote, please send me an email with your vote. I've already received several proxy votes from others.

      In your service,
      --Richard de Scolay

      On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

      I agree with Tim.
      I consider this to be a major revision, and should be discussed in our local groups for at least 2-3 months.  I can in no way condone what his Majesty proposes. It gives the Baron & Baroness way too much power. They decide who the Offiicers are, Who runs Events, and which Events are to be held. There is no recourse for the Populace if they Baron & Baroness are unacceptable. They only power we have is to shun them.

      Kevin Ambrozijwski

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2010
        Sorry. The new job fried my brain. I had two weeks from conception of the new job, training, training my replacement, finishing up projects, and cleaning out my desk.  Nevermind.

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Kevin, did you re-read the newly revised charter?  I had read it once after Robyyan published it, and then again just now after your email -- it doesn't look like the charter works the way you say it does below.  Specifically, it indicates that there's a vote for officers, and that events are approved by Curia.  What are your concerns?

        --Gianetta