[CHARTER] Notes from 2010-02-07

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2010
      Ayreton Charter Committee
      2010-02-07 Meeting Notes

      Attending:
      Robyyan (Dennis Sherman) (T)
      Hal Raeburn (Gary 'Hal' Link) (T)
      Sean o'Shaughnessy (Tom Hughes)(V)
      Richard de Scolay (Bernal Schooley) (F)
      Henry of Exeter (Terry Doner) (R)
      Wolfram von Waldersbach (Terrence Fernbach) (G)
      Fern de la Foret (Laurie Erickson) (T)
      Juliana Per da Novellara (Julia Needlman) (T)
      Etienne des Roches (Steven DesRoches) (G)
      Twm ap Twm (Tim Dinan)(V)
      Julienne la Follette (Samantha King) (V)

      (F = Foxvale, G = Grey Gargoyles, R = Rokkehealden, T = Tree-Girt-Sea, V = Vanished Wood)

      We had correspondence received from Gianetta (which all agreed they'd seen) and from Nadezda, which was
      read out to the group..

      We began by exploring what areas we could identify that might require decision making that were not already covered by the financial policy. We identified several, then reviewed that list and determined that many of the topics were either explicitly part of the job of Baron and Baroness, or covered elsewhere in the charter.

      We looked in detail at officer selection, recognizing that per Kingdom Law, officers are in reality appointed by their kingdom superior, any local officer selection process is to provide the kingdom officer with a candidate who will not be substantively opposed by their local group.

      We considered some proposals for decision making that people had prepared for discussion. That led to consideration of expanding Baronial Curia to ensure that each canton had explicit representation on Curia. After discussion, we decided that representation should be advisory, therefore non-voting.

      We discussed decision making, considering all the above, and came to agreement on changes to that section.

      We also looked at a few other sections of the charter that needed to be addressed to be consistent with other recent changes, or to be in sync with our current intent.

      Given the changes made in decision making, we also revised the section on changing the Charter, to make explicit the process used for future changes.

      We believe we are now finished. Robyyan will edit the charter and post the edited document to the Ayreton group files. With all the changes we've made, we agreed that the Charter in its current form should have an up or down vote at the next Baronial meeting, next Sunday.

      Additional Notes: Change Log for the Charter, 2010-02-07 version
      1. IV. Offices paragraph 4 added to ensure each canton has advisory representation on Curia
      2. IV. Offices B. Selection paragraphs 4 and 5 altered to reflect better compliance with Kingdom Law.
      3. V. Meetings A. Baronial Curia Meetings paragraphs 2 and 3 revised to parallel Kingdom Law
      4. VI. Decision Making rewritten
      5. VII. Changes and Amendments to The Charter paragraph 3 altered to make the change process explicit.
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com