Re: [CHARTER] Notes from 2010-01-31

  • ansel_1361
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
      I get a "web page not found" error when trying the link.
      Ansel

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Jen Small <jenrsmall@...> wrote:

      > Robyyan, thanks so much for all of your meticulous and thorough work on the charter and managing the charter committee. I will be unable to attend the follow up meeting, but have taken this opportunity to read through and offer a few suggestions. You don't need to read this email to the whole group, please take them under consideration yourself and present to the group if it is useful to do so.
      >
      > Item III-2: When it says that a privilege of being a citizen is to wear livery, does that also include displaying an Ayreton badge? I would like us to have a registered badge at some point, and I would assume that all citizens can display, dunno if it needs to be called out specifically....
      >
      > Item III-3: Are citizens "expected" or "encouraged"? Nitpicky, but you can take it or leave it.
      >
      > On a more private note, it sounds like there's a general level of concern and anxiety about the role of the Baron and Baroness. I'm sure you will be working to resolve this anxiety. I am guessing that people just need a little time to get used to the fact that it's "not a democracy". I am guessing that people have this unfocused worry that the Baron and Baroness will go crazy with power and only allow people to wear blue and green sneakers at meetings or something like that... if they can get pinned down to specific concerns, I bet that will help. And, part of this is, it's similar power that a seneschal has now, so it's up to the citizens to carefully give their counsel to the crown as to who they support for Baron and Baroness. In any case, I wish you success in mediating the conversation!
      >
      > -Gianetta

    • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
        If you're having trouble getting to the charter via the link previously posted (not a huge surprise, Yahoo's file links are sometimes amazingly clumsy), try this instead:

        On the menu on the left side, select "Files"
        Scroll down until you see "Ayreton Baronial Charter - 2010-02-02.pdf"  and select it.  Your browser should download and display the PDF for you.

        This direct link might work for you: