Fwd: [Mid] IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT VALDAY 37 ON 2/13/10

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010

      FYI - Val Day

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Judith Kirk <judith.a.kirk@...>
      To: mk-pelican@...; sca-middle@...; midlaurel@...; mizsiobhan@...
      Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 9:38 am
      Subject: [Mid] IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT VALDAY 37 ON 2/13/10

      ** High Priority **

      Please share to any appropriate lists/individuals as desired

      **********
      Greetings to all who read these letters, from Banbharun Siobhan
      O'Neill on behalf of the ValDay event staff. Please forward this
      any and all who may be attending ValDay 37 on February 13, 2010 in
      the Canton of Three Hills.

      There are a few changes we are making to ValDay and we want to
      share this information as widely as possible. This information is
       on the event webpage . Please share it with your
      friends who are planning to come to ValDay.

      The Health Department and Fire Marshal have instituted *NEW*
      policies that affect and apply equally to all renters of the
      facility.  We must comply with these policies and respectfully
      request all attendees cooperate with the new policies. We are
      informing you of these new rules ahead of time to avoid any
      potentially embarrassing situations that may arise.

      We need to reinstate our NO DAY CAMPS policy, for all areas of the
      Fairgrounds, to comply with the Fire Marshal and Health Department
      regulations.  Please assist us in following these rules to ensure
      our continued ability to host Val Day at this unique site.

      1. NO DAY CAMPS PERMITTED

      ALLOWED: personal chairs, small coolers, fighting gear, small
      personal items, personal food and drinks. Your goal would be to
      carry ONE load of stuff into the event.

      NOT ALLOWED:  rugs, tables, A&S displays outside the official A&S
      display, banner stands, large storage boxes, buffets of open food,
      and pop-ups.  Really, if it takes 3 trips to bring your stuff in,
      or
      two people to carry something, then you have too much stuff!

      2. NO OPEN FOOD BUFFETS

      We cannot have open tables of food anywhere in the facility, the
      Health Department feels this is a potentially dangerous situation,
      and we respectfully request that you don't set out buffets or
      trays
      of food at ValDay.  Eat your lunch in the tavern area or in your
      chair, then
      dispose of all food and wrappers immediately. We -really-
      appreciate your help on this.

      3. AREAS NEAR FIRE DOORS MUST BE KEPT CLEAR

      Fire doors must be kept clear.  List poles and ropes will help
      designate the areas to keep clear.  Please assist us by asking
      those
      who put stuff in the areas to locate to a new spot.

      4. NO DAY CAMPS IN THE HALLWAYS

      We are not allowed to have daycamps of ANY kind, in the concrete
      hallway between the Merchant Hall and the Heavy Fighting Hall, or
      in
      any of the other hallways. This too is a fire marshal and facility
      issue.

      We realize and appreciate that many of our SCA friends want to
      bring lots of cool stuff to the event, but ValDay is so large that
      we need to make compromises and we must keep the facility and
      mundane authorities happy. We truly appreciate your cooperation
      and
      help with this.

      Thank you, and please let us know if you have any questions,

      Banbharun Siobhan O'Neill, CL, CP (judith.a.kirk@...)
      Lady Ingrid of the Green, Event Steward  (ingrid774@...)
      Lady Kolfinna Svanna,Event Steward  (kellynna1@...)

      From:  Judith Kirk <judith.a.kirk@...>