Re: [Ayreton] Re: Pennsic Gift Basket
- Hi Nicholaa,You can count on me to contribute as wel!Sarafina :D--
Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL
http://ladysarafina.home.att.netOn Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Nora London <nhalden@...> wrote:Greetings Again;Thank you to those who have responded to this request. I have included the message below as a recap. (Please cross post to the other area groups)If you think that supporting their Highnesses request to provide a Pennsic gift basket is something that Ayerton should commit to please let me know.If you are considering making a contribution to the basket also let me know.It is my understanding that this project will also be discussed at the next Ayreton meeting.YIS,Nicholaacom/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayretonfirstname.lastname@example.org>..
- Obviously it wasn't in the direct barony contribution, because I arranged this before the recent postings. But I've already been working with Tessa on a project--I hand-hemmed a linen tablecloth & napkins for her to embroider for their Highnesses to give at Pennsic.
So there is another Ayreton contribution already made (smile). Let me also think about something I could embroider myself to contribute, and then I'll let Nicholaa know. I don't want to do napkins when I know they're already getting two embroidered napkins.
- I just checked my correspondence with her, and this project was for Gulf Wars, not for Pennsic. So I will embroider napkins for the Ayreton basket and not fear duplication.
--- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Margrett Norwoode <lady_mairead@...> wrote:
> Obviously it wasn't in the direct barony contribution, because I arranged this before the recent postings. But I've already been working with Tessa on a project--I hand-hemmed a linen tablecloth & napkins for her to embroider for their Highnesses to give at Pennsic.
> So there is another Ayreton contribution already made (smile). Let me also think about something I could embroider myself to contribute, and then I'll let Nicholaa know. I don't want to do napkins when I know they're already getting two embroidered napkins.
- Greetings to the List- Seneschals -Please cross post to the other area listsThe Gift Basket for the East Kingdom is coming along very nicely. Currently we have the following promised items for the gift basket;Set of purple and gold glass goblets- WulfSet of pottery goblets in the Royalties' colors- D'Vorah bint al-AttarBottles of Mead - Henry of ExeterScroll cases and copper tokens- Countess Syr FernBlank Scrolls for East Kingdom AOA level Awards- Hillary (and others TBD)Leather tooled item- MarissaTrim- FoxvaleInkle loom trim- Yamamura Kitsune GozenSmall tapestry bags- NicholaaPottery Brush trays- Elaine LaddEmbroidered item- Margrett NorwoodSeveral others have mentioned contributing items but have not decided the specific donation at this time. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up so far. I am certainly open to suggestions and additional contributions to this effort. If you are thinking of donating an item please contact me.To help with ideas-The eastern royalties' personal colors are green, white and blue for hers (charge is blue mushrooms) and red white and gold for his (charge is white greyhound rampant). They are early to mid Tudor (Henry VII and Henry VIII).East Kingdom arms are purple and gold.Other items that could be considered-Various small gift tokensSmall blank hand bound booksNote cardsOther feast gearSmall boxesAnd I am certain that others will have some very good ideas as well. Please share them.Time frame- I need to have all donations turned in no later than July 1 to prepare the basket(s). I would like to present our efforts to their Majesties at Simple Day if they attend or at least on display prior to being sent to Pennsic.If you have any questions on this project please contact me off list. ( nhalden@... )Many Thanks to all who are volunteering their resources to this effort.YIS,NicholaaDame Nicholaa Halden, OPAyreton MOASVanished Woods MOAS
- Just wanted to let everyone know that the project has been completed with the presentation and turnover of the baskets to TRM at Simple Day.We had a nice presentation group to deliver the gifts to there majesties which was presented to HRM. She was very impressed with our generosity and said it spoke well of our "new' baronial group.Many thanks again to all who contributed and supported this effort.YIS,NicholaaAyreton MOAS