Re: Pennsic Gift Basket

  • Nora London
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2010
      Greetings Again;

      Thank you to those who have responded to this request. I have included the message below as a recap. (Please cross post to the other area groups)

      If you think that supporting their Highnesses request to provide a Pennsic gift basket is something that Ayerton should commit to please let me know.
      If you are considering making a contribution to the basket also let me know.

      It is my understanding that this project will also be discussed at the next Ayreton meeting.

      YIS,

      Nicholaa

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 30, 2010
        Thank you Nicholaa.

        As a barony we will undoubtedly be asked to step up and help in many ways that we as shires have not been asked to do in the past. Given that we are asking their Highnesses to approve our selection of Baron and Baroness and to make arrangements to come to an investiture event for us, we should do everything we can to provide a gift basket as they have asked.

        I would like to see us do this without having to lean too heavily on a small group of people. So let's have fun with this and get everyone involved. Even if you don't feel you can make something, then consider bartering or trading with someone to make an item for you to put in the basket.

        It is my understanding thus far, that the offers of support that Nicholaa has received, while a good start, are not at the level where we can unequivocally respond to their highnesses. Please either reply here or in an email to Nicholaa (nhalden@...) if you are willing to help out. Even if you don't know what you will offer, simply stating that you will support the effort would make it possible to inform their highnesses that they can count on us.

        Nicholaa, you can count on my support. I'm not sure what I'll make yet, but I will make something to add to the basket.

        In your service,
        --Richard

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 30, 2010
          I volunteer (again) to make two sets of ceramic feast gear in the colors of the relevant kingdom, purple and gold, if Ayreton commits to making the basket. As I mentioned before, my work can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3751&id=100000547707109&l=051d051840 and you can decide whether it's of the quality you're seeking. If not, no harm done. Just let me know, either way, by April -- it takes a while to get a lump of clay to turn magically into a goblet.

          D'vorah bint al-Atar
          Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
          dvorah@...
          http://www.facebook.com/dvorah.batatar

          On 30 Jan 2010, at 1:12 PM, Nora London wrote:

          > Greetings Again;
          >
          > Thank you to those who have responded to this request. I have included the message below as a recap. (Please cross post to the other area groups)
          >
          > If you think that supporting their Highnesses request to provide a Pennsic gift basket is something that Ayerton should commit to please let me know.
          > If you are considering making a contribution to the basket also let me know.
          >
          > It is my understanding that this project will also be discussed at the next Ayreton meeting.
          >
          > YIS,
          >
          > Nicholaa
          >
          > nhalden@...

        • Sarafina Sinclair
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 30, 2010
            Hi Nicholaa,

            You can count on me to contribute as wel!

            Sarafina :D

            --
            Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL
            http://ladysarafina.home.att.net

            On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Nora London <nhalden@...> wrote:

            Greetings Again;

            Thank you to those who have responded to this request. I have included the message below as a recap. (Please cross post to the other area groups)

            If you think that supporting their Highnesses request to provide a Pennsic gift basket is something that Ayerton should commit to please let me know.
            If you are considering making a contribution to the basket also let me know.

            It is my understanding that this project will also be discussed at the next Ayreton meeting.

            YIS,

            Nicholaa

            .

          • Margrett Norwoode
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
              Obviously it wasn't in the direct barony contribution, because I arranged this before the recent postings. But I've already been working with Tessa on a project--I hand-hemmed a linen tablecloth & napkins for her to embroider for their Highnesses to give at Pennsic.

              So there is another Ayreton contribution already made (smile). Let me also think about something I could embroider myself to contribute, and then I'll let Nicholaa know. I don't want to do napkins when I know they're already getting two embroidered napkins.

              Margrett
            • lady_mairead
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2010
                I just checked my correspondence with her, and this project was for Gulf Wars, not for Pennsic. So I will embroider napkins for the Ayreton basket and not fear duplication.

                Margrett

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Margrett Norwoode <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

                > Obviously it wasn't in the direct barony contribution, because I arranged this before the recent postings. But I've already been working with Tessa on a project--I hand-hemmed a linen tablecloth & napkins for her to embroider for their Highnesses to give at Pennsic.
                >
                > So there is another Ayreton contribution already made (smile). Let me also think about something I could embroider myself to contribute, and then I'll let Nicholaa know. I don't want to do napkins when I know they're already getting two embroidered napkins.
                >
                > Margrett

              • Nora London
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 17, 2010
                  Greetings to the List-               Seneschals -Please cross post to the other area lists

                  The Gift Basket for the East Kingdom is coming along very nicely. Currently we have the following promised items for the gift basket;

                  Set of purple and gold glass goblets- Wulf
                  Set of pottery goblets in the Royalties' colors- D'Vorah bint al-Attar
                  Bottles of Mead - Henry of Exeter
                  Scroll cases and copper tokens- Countess Syr Fern
                  Blank Scrolls for East Kingdom AOA level Awards- Hillary (and others TBD)
                  Leather tooled item- Marissa
                  Trim- Foxvale
                  Inkle loom trim- Yamamura Kitsune Gozen
                  Small tapestry bags- Nicholaa
                  Pottery Brush trays- Elaine Ladd
                  Embroidered item- Margrett Norwood

                  Several others have mentioned contributing items but have not decided the specific donation at this time. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up so far. I am certainly open to suggestions and additional contributions to this effort. If you are thinking of donating an item please contact me.

                  To help with ideas-
                  The eastern royalties' personal colors are green, white and blue for hers (charge is blue mushrooms) and red white and gold for his (charge is white greyhound rampant). They are early to mid Tudor (Henry VII and Henry VIII).
                  East Kingdom arms are purple and gold.
                  Other items that could be considered-
                  Various small gift tokens
                  Small blank hand bound books
                  Note cards
                  Other feast gear
                  Small boxes
                  And I am certain that others will have some very good ideas as well. Please share them.

                  Time frame- I need to have all donations turned in no later than July 1 to prepare the basket(s). I would like to present our efforts to their Majesties at Simple Day if they attend or at least on display prior to being sent to Pennsic.

                  If you have any questions on this project please contact me off list. ( nhalden@... )

                  Many Thanks to all who are volunteering their resources to this effort.

                  YIS,

                  Nicholaa

                  Dame Nicholaa Halden, OP
                  Ayreton MOAS
                  Vanished Woods MOAS

                • Nora London
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 25, 2010
                    Just wanted to let everyone know that the project has been completed with the presentation and turnover of the baskets to TRM at Simple Day.

                    We had a nice presentation group to deliver the gifts to there majesties which was presented to HRM. She was very impressed with our generosity and said it spoke well of our "new' baronial group.

                    Many thanks again to all who contributed and supported this effort.

                    YIS,

                    Nicholaa

                    Ayreton MOAS