12th Night and Baronial Charter Meeting

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      First, I 'd like to thank Aethelwulf and everyone else who worked hard to put on a great 12th night. It's great to live among so many people who obviously enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

      The 2pm petition/charter meeting with Baron Thorvald at 12th Night was well attended and in my view very successful. During the meeting Baron Thorvald conveyed to us a few minor issues from the perspective of his office as Middle Kingdom Seneschal and as well as some issues raised by His Majesty. While we expressly avoided discussing actual changes to make at that point, my impression was that everyone understood the issues and felt comfortable that we could make some small changes that would resolve the concerns that were raised.

      To make these changes and ensure that the petition doesn't get delayed too long, I'd like to call together an adhoc meeting to review and to decide on the changes that are needed. Guy offered to host the meeting at 2pm at Ida Noyes Hall on January 31st and Robyyan agreed to lead the meeting. Just as was the case during our previous charter meetings, anyone who is interested in participating is welcome.

      I'm also working with Philip and Sarafina among others to put together a preliminary schedule covering the rest of the steps between now and investiture. Once it is ready, I'll post it to the email list and then keep it updated as we make progress.

      In your service,
      --Richard