Challenge at the Festival of Maidens

  • Clint Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2010
      Please feel free to cross-post.

      Let it be known that we, the members of the Thieves of Hearts, hear the challenge issued by the southern baronies, and stand ready to defend ourselves against these base accusations.

      As there have been no specific charges made, we can hardly disprove our supposed misdeeds. They ask if we are good King’s men, and we respond that we are – the best, in point of fact. And as to whether we hide some villainy behind the Kings good name? What need have we to hide the awe-inspiring name of the Thieves of Hearts behind any other? We are, therefore, disinclined to ignore any pronouncement that might cast aspersions upon that name.

      The baronies employ these baseless provocations in request of a test of arms between our members and those misguided souls whom the landed nobles might convince to die at the points of our blades.

      A trial by combat?

      We are amenable. After all, nothing save divine intervention could intercede against us, and the Lord knows the superior side when he sees it.

      We will, therefore, stand ready upon their chosen field, near midday at the festival of maidens. We will settle the matter with crossed blades, and let those few of them who survive the day spread word that the Thieves of Hearts do not suffer insults lightly.