Re: [Ayreton] New Seneschal for Ayreton

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2010
      Thank you Philip!

      We all owe you a great debt of gratitude for the outstanding job you've done as Seneschal.

      Rather than just thanking Philip via email, please remember to thank him in person at 12th night or the next time you see him.

      I'll do my best to fill Philip's turnshoes, but to do so, I do ask that everyone please be patient with me regarding names and roles. I have a very hard time remembering names but it's not due to any lack of desire or interest in getting to know everyone personally.

      Your new servant,
      --Richard

      On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:59 AM, young <philipwhite@...> wrote:
      Greetings All from Master Philip White!

      Last night during our business meeting Lord Richard de Scolay was chosen as my replacement to be Seneschal for Ayreton. When I volunteered to serve in this office it was with the goal to see us first through the transition from Proto-Incipient Barony to Incipient Barony and then latter a completed petition for elevation to form the Barony of Ayreton. Happily we've now accomplished both these milestones.

      But there were other aspirations for us past compiling transition documents. These goals were more about supporting each other as a community and growing together as a Barony. We'd been working together in the past but now we put or efforts jointly under a new name. We worked to form a new group mentality – to form a Baronial identity. Now, we are able to celebrate many of these successes as Ayreton.

      Acting as a Barony we have hosted three Ayreton Carnivales, three Ayreton Arts Academies, Coronation and the Midrealm Forty Year Celebration. We continue to host joint fighter practices, baronial guilds, business meetings, and recruitment demonstrations.

      We train as a unit, hold combat classes, and train for mêlée combat. We've fought in wars and tourneys and we have supporting the people on the field.  We travel to events, volunteer for our neighboring groups, host parties at Wars and support the Kingdom and our Royalty.

      We have a full set of Baronial officers, many of whom have deputies, with all reporting regularly. Our newsletter, The Zephyr, has been filled with content about our growth and history.

      We have Ceremony. We display our Baronial device for tourney combatants, we participate in Court with the Baronies of the Kingdom, we display our Heraldry at events, and our populace displays our colors proudly. We identify ourselves as part of Ayreton.

      Again, much of this we were already doing. But more, with all of these activities, we are now doing them as Ayreton – as the Barony of Ayreton. This, more than any petition to the Crown for elevation, is what lends us credibility in our request to become a full status Barony.

      Serving as Seneschal for Ayreton has been the most rewarding of any responsibility I have taken within our Society. Thank you for your trust and for alloying me to serve Ayreton through our transition. I have never been as full of pride as I am when considering all we have achieved.

      I will continue to support the Seneschal office and be an available resource for my successor. Please welcome Richard into the office and give him any aid he may need.

      Hoobah Ayreton!!!

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~p.w.

      Yahoo! Groups Links