Fighter Practice

  • kunitsumagic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
      I want to start my son in fighter practice (he's 12). Would the Sunday practice at Grey Gargoyls be an ok place to start? We live pretty far out, and I have doubts about doing any kind of practice on a school night.

      Treva
    • sentineneve
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2013
        Hi all. I just moved to Naperville, Illinois.  I did some heavy combat down in the Canton of Lochmorrow, but I have not fought in a bit.  I am looking for a place to practice near Naperville/Lisle.  I'm trying to avoid driving into Chicago or north of Chicago. I remember there used to be a place in Lisle that had practices, but I don't seem to be able to find them anymore.   Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
      • Tedesco da Venezia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2014
          There is currently no fighter practices in the Chicago area other than the two in the city--
          Tuesday night 7pm at the Congregational Church of Jefferson Park
          Sunday afternoon 2pm at Ida Noyes Hall, University of Chicago.
          (There's also a once-a-month practice in Fox Lake, and one in Porter, IN which is attended by many in the immediate area.)

          We lost our last suburban site, and haven't been able to come up with a good alternative that doesn't cost $100 an hour.  We would love to get another suburban practice going, as there are a lot of people in the same boat that coming into the city on a weeknight or Sunday afternoon just isn't feasible.

          If anyone has any suggestions for sites in the west/northwest suburbs, we could really use it...

          ~Tedesco da Venezia~

          On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM, <kennethwang010@...> wrote:

          Hi all. I just moved to Naperville, Illinois.  I did some heavy combat down in the Canton of Lochmorrow, but I have not fought in a bit.  I am looking for a place to practice near Naperville/Lisle.  I'm trying to avoid driving into Chicago or north of Chicago. I remember there used to be a place in Lisle that had practices, but I don't seem to be able to find them anymore.   Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

        • Metylda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2014
            The Ravenslake practice (the one in Fox Lake, IL) is this Sunday. We happily welcome anyone who would like to attend. The site is located at 71 Nippersink Blvd; Fox Lake, IL 60020!

            Metylda of Ravenslake

            "Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation"
            — Walter Cronkite

            *****

            Me þæt wyrd gewæf