Fw: [MK] Fwd: [aethel-heralds] Fwd: [SCA-PH] Laurel Office Request for Feedback on the Rules for Submissions

  • Wendy Pastrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2009
      Please forward around. Time to put in your 2 cents if you choose!

      In service,
      Jale

      From: Ben Cogan <donnghaile@...>
      Date: Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM
      To: AEthelHeralds <aethel-heralds@...>

      To those to whom these words come, greetings from Olwynn ni
      Chinneidigh, Laurel Queen of Arms and Juliana de Luna, Palimpsest
      Herald.

      The Laurel office is starting to review our policies and procedures
      for submissions. We expect that the eventual outcome will be a
      complete rewrite of the Rules for Submissions.
      To start this process, we're asking the populace and heralds to give
      us feedback about the heraldic submissions process and how it should
      work. A survey which asks some basic questions can be found at
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GLJZDDZ; we'd appreciate it if
      interested people would take time to answer the questions there.
      Anyone can complete this; we promise to read all answers. We expect
      the survey to take fifteen to twenty minutes. Additional comments
      about or ideas for this process can be sent to rules@....
      We have several goals for this process:
      - to make the Rules for Submissions easier to use for heralds and
      submitters alike
      - to reduce discrepancies between the Rules as written and the rules as applied
      - to reflect on the degree of authenticity we want for the
      registration process and how best to codify rules to evaluate it
      - to reconsider the level of difference we should require between
      names and devices for registration

      In all areas, the Society for Creative Anachronism has moved towards
      progressively better understandings of what people did in our period.
      Given this, we are not interested in discussing rules changes that
      would substantially lower our standards for registration of names and
      armory. But we are interested in exploring ways to make it easier for
      people register items that are in period style, whether or not they
      fit the rules as they currently exist. We welcome ideas about how to
      do that from all sources.
      We look forward to hearing from you! The deadline for the survey is
      January 31; we will continue to accept comments by e-mail until the
      review of the rules is completed. Please forward this message to other
      mailing lists, so that as many people as possible can respond.

      Juliana and Olwynn

      Linda Needham
      Caitriona inghean Ui Bhraonain,
      Better known as Cat