Transition Petition Thanks

  • young
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
      Howdy All!

      Our petition for Baronial Advancement is completed and should be sent out by the end of the week!

      I have many people to thank in pulling this all together. And I'll try my best to name you all. It is likely that I may miss someone or that I never knew you had a hand in pulling all this information together. I will apologize for my omission now and hope you know that the entire group appreciates your help. Thank you.

      Thanks to the Seneschals who pulled together the first set of signatures for our petition to become an Incipient Barony. Thank you Acelina, Emmiken, Henry, Fiona, and Nadezda.

      Thanks to our Charter Committee and everyone who provided feedback for pulling together our governing documents. Thank you Robyyan for organizing our efforts from inception to completion. This was no small job.

      Thanks to everyone who provided feedback for our Financial Policy. Thank you Ghita for creating the original draft and giving us options to choose from and then pulling it all together.

      Thanks to the local Seneschal for confirming postal codes claimed by each of the groups. Thank you Acelina, Guy, Hillary, Nadezda, and Phillippa.

      Thanks to everyone who helped with the approval of our name and device. Thanks to Etienne for research on our name, thanks to Gianetta for helping create our device, and thanks to Juliana and Kevin for help with submissions. Big thanks to Phoebe for helping with our petitions, the submissions, follow up, and getting final confirmation.

      Thanks to the people who contributed to the history of Ayreton by first submitting to our newsletter last year including Alexander, Christian, Etienne, Ian, and Jale.

      Thanks to the people who contributed the local group histories including Guy, Hillary, Nadezda, Sean, and Xavier.

      Many thanks to anyone who wrote a letter of support and asked others to write letters.

      Thanks also to Adam for printing and formatting help with the final petition. More importantly, thank you Adam for your encouragement while working on this project and supporting the investment of time it took to complete it.

      I am very proud of all the work we have been doing and everything we have accomplished. Great job so far! Let us keep it up!

      Thanks everyone!
      ~philip
    • thomas penyngton
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
        Hello, Master Philip. I hope that this letter of support, though coming
        so late, may still be useful, and included in our petition.

        thomas p

        *****

        Master Thomas Penyngton sends greetings to Their Majesties, Dag and Anne
        Marie, to Their most noble Curia, and to any others that these words
        should come to.

        I write to add my voice to many that have spoken in favor of the
        proposed Barony of Ayreton.

        I have lived in the lands of Ayreton for over twenty years, for my
        entire stay in this Knowne World. I have seen this area change greatly
        over the years, much for the better. We have had divisions and even a
        bit of animosity in the past, both within groups and between them. I
        have seen this large city, what should be the greatest in the Midrealm
        and one of the greatest in all the Knowne World, struggle to reach it's
        potential, year after year. Having our area split into several different
        groups has been a hindrance to the developement of all of us, and much
        potential has been lost.

        Over the past several years, we have made great strides to work more
        closely together, to put aside past differences, and to make our area a
        more productive, fun place for all. We have seen groups and guilds
        growing and thriving, people working together more, and as an area we
        have been able to accomplish more as we've worked more closely together.
        The Ayreton Brewer's guild, which I've been involved with, has been a
        good example of people within the area working together, and we were
        recently awarded a Purple Fretty for our service to the kingdom.

        In the past several years, as we've grown an identity as "Ayreton",
        first just in the coining of that name, and with the establishing of an
        "Ayreton Mayor" (someone with no official standing but with a mandate to
        try to bring the local groups together more), and now with the process
        of becoming a Barony, I believe our area is truly blossoming into a more
        vibrant unit.

        I believe that the official establishment of the Barony of Ayreton will
        be important to cement those strides we've made, and provide
        opportunities for more. I am convinced that we have all the necessary
        prerequisites and resources we need, and are ready to take that step.

        And so I would urge you to look favorably upon our petition, and grant
        our status as a Barony, appoint a wise Baron and Baroness to lead us,
        and so help us to enrich this kingdom even more.

        ********
        Mistress Amelie d'Anjou, OL, adds her name and heart to this as well.